Epilogue 2 (51)

I settle Rose in her high chair and then take my seat at the breakfast table set in one of the back gardens. There are two butlers standing some distance away and I know there are guards stationed everywhere in the palace around the clock.

Rose is nine months old now which means that it's been eight months since the king died. After his death the entire country was thrown into chaos. Unsurprisingly, William put aside his sorrow and went on with what was to be done to restore peace and order.

The first two months after being crowned king were the hardest for him. When his father was alive, he barely had to shoulder a quarter of the entire responsibility. Now, it was all dropped on him like a bomb. But he's got it under control now and for the past few weeks, he's actually returned to his normal self.

I hand Rose a baby biscuit which she sucks on as I help myself to my usual breakfast, buttered toast and orange juice.

I feel a hand on shoulder and then a kiss on my cheek. I smile at my plate as he kisses his daughter on the head and then takes his seat across from me.

"Good morning." I greet him.

"Morning." He replies, as one of butlers come forward to pour him his coffee.

"How are you?" I ask him, like I do every few days.

"As fine as I can ever be." He says, making me smile. His usual reply used to be 'fine' or 'alright' but these type of replies actually prove that he's back to himself.

"What is your schedule for today?" I ask him. He's been working on Sundays too.

"So far nothing." He replies, leaning back against his chair.

"Really?" I ask, surprised.

"Mmhmm." He nods his head. "Why? Did you have something in mind?"

"No, I'm just surprised that's all." I explain.

"I'm not going to put my duties before my family, alright?" He says, earning a smile from me.

"Alright." I reply, still smiling.

We're almost done with breakfast when Helen appears, fingering through a thick folder in her hand. I groan knowing that she probably has some work for me.

"Hey! Sorry to disturb you, but I have something." She says, starting to pull something out of the folder.

"If it involves listening to people make speeches and voice their opinions then keep it for some other day, please!" I groan.

Helen laughs, pulling out a paper and setting it before me.

"No, it's nothing like that. Do you remember that girl who took your interview?" She says.

"Which one?" I ask, since I've given so many interviews in the last few months.

"Her name was Tehreem." She tells me.

"Oh, her! The one who asked really personal questions. Yeah, I remember her." I tell Helen.

"Good because it turns out that all the questions she asked you were for a book." She replies.

"A book?" I ask, confused.

"A book about your life." She tells me.

"My life?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Like a biography?"

"Kind of." She says.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I narrow my eyes at Helen.

"Look, the book if more of a story. Your life story. Basically, she took your life and put it into a story." Helen explains.