warning in a letter (36)

Tomorrow is 16th December. Which means that it's been one whole year since the Peshawar massacre (a killing that took place last year in a school in Pakistan.) I dedicate this update to all those innocent children who were killed a year ago. R.I.P.

In addition to that, on a happier note, it is Theo James's birthday tomorrow! BTW he's my baby ;)

Sorry, now on with the story but please do remember those poor souls in your prayers.

------------------------------------------

I wake up to two pairs of tiny feet kicking me. I slip a hand under the cover and rub it trying to soothe them back to sleep. But they keep kicking at intervals making me give up and throw back the covers before sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

Just as I swing my legs off the bed the door opens and William steps in, making me frown and look at the bed.

"Good morning and why are you frowning?" He asks, smiling at me.

I sigh, shaking my head. "I thought you were asleep."

"I've been awake for ages." He says, coming to sit next to me.

"What time is it?" I ask, stifling a yawn.

"One." He replies.

"What?!" I exclaim. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

He reaches out and rubs my back. "I didn't wake you up because you looked so peaceful sleeping and you haven't gotten much sleep these past few days."

"That does not allow me to sleep through half the day." I mumble.

"Yes. It does."

He kisses my forehead making me sigh and lean into him. I feel his arms tighten around me as we both sit on the bed. I draw back and press my lips to his. This moment makes me feel like we have all the time in the world.

But apparently we don't because at the exact moment this thought crosses my mind someone knocks on the door.

William gets up with a mock groan making me smile. He opens the door and talks to someone. I run a hand through my hair.

William closes the door. He has a envelope in his hand. I see him examining it as he sits down on the couch and fumbles with the seal on the envelope. I leave him to read the letter in peace and head to the bathroom.

I brush my teeth, splash water on my face and brush my hair before walking back out to find William staring at a paper in his hand.

"Are you alright?" I ask, sitting down next to him.

Without saying a word he hands me the letter and leans back, covering his face with his hands.

The letter says:

William Blake,

Did you really think Thalia was the last person after your crown?

You might be thinking of us to be another Thalia but we're not because she was what we call "a childish version" of us. She only had a pistol but we have bombs.

She threatened you by holding your wife hostage but we won't be doing that because when we strike we'll take both of you out together.

Beware.

-Hell Hounds

"Oh my God." I gasp as the words sink in. I'm near tears. "Who sent this? Is this a prank?"

"I don't think so because they go by the name of Hell Hounds and if I'm not wrong they've already caused trouble during my father's early years as a king." He explains.

I take a deep breath and then whisper. "But they've mentioned bombs." With this a few tears slip down my cheek as I look up William, who's standing in front of me now.

He pulls up to him, so that I'm sobbing into his shoulder. When I pull away my tear stained face he kisses my forehead and rubs my back trying to calm me down.

"No one is going to hurt you." He tells me firmly, looking into my eyes.

"I'm not worried about myself. It's you I'm worried about. I..." Before I can say anything else he cuts me off by taking me back into his arms and kissing me fiercely. I try to let go of the worry eating on my insides for a few minutes but I can't stop thinking about the letter.

He finally pulls away and sighs. "Look, you've worried enough about me. So, please stop worrying. It's not good for you at this stage."

"I know. But how am I supposed to not worry?" I ask him as a few more tears spill out.

"Hey." He says softly wiping away my tears. After a few seconds he adds. "Here's what we're going to do."

"Do what?" I ask, sniffing.

He sits back down on the couch, pulling me down with him. He keeps my hand in his, as he starts to explain his plan.

"You haven't had a break for months. And everyone deserves a break once in a while, don't they?" He looks at me.

I shrug in reply, making him continue.

"Well, I believe that you should spend some time with your mother."

"No!" I exclaim. "I'm not going anywhere. Not even if you think it's best for me."

He sighs. "Cassy! Sometimes you can be so hard to deal with. Why can't you see that it's the best thing for the both of us?"

"How exactly is me seeking refuge in my mother's house while you're here, good for either of us?" I ask him.

"It's good for us because at least I'll know that you're safe. No one will know that you're there except me and Helen. Not even Harrison. I'll have a guard posted there at all times, just in case. He'll be just one guard so it won't be all that obvious."

He pauses to kneel down in front of me with my hands in his.

"Please. I'm begging you to agree to this because if you do then I'll have one less thing to worry about. Please."

I shake my head as tears stream down my cheeks. "Fine. I'll do it. But I need you now more than ever."

I take in a shaky breath as he reaches up and kisses my forehead. "I promise that I'll come visit you every night."

"Okay." I sigh and wipe away the tears. "But only because I don't want to see you get hurt because of me."

"Cassandra, your pain is my pain." He tells me.

I changed the previous chapter's name from "tiring day" to "'talking' to mom" ( suggested by mzvannymo_bae ).

The story is finally moving on and I can't believe it's the 36th chapter already :')

Suggest songs for the playlist. Please!

Read, Vote & Comment!

(The picture above is of the letter sent to William from Hell Hound.)

~