worry and guilt (31)

"We've found sir William."

--------------------

"Where? Is he alright?" I ask him, a thousand questions swimming through my head.

"I have been given instructions to not say anything and just take you there." He tells me.

"And where is "there?"" I ask him, folding my arms.

He sighs. "I'm sorry your highness, but my hands are tied. I cannot tell you anything. You have to come with me and see for yourself."

I know that he's loyal to the king and won't tell me anything. Feeling defeated I get up from my seat, when Anna asks.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asks. But just as she says this her phone starts to ring and I see that it's Harrison. She hastily declines the call and looks at me, waiting for an answer.

But I just shake my head. "I'll be fine. Don't let him down." I say pointing towards her phone before walking past the guard to the reception. I walk out of the doors to find an escort car and one of the palace's black land cruisers waiting for me.

I get into the back and the moment my door closes, the car starts to move. It seems as if everyone's in a hurry.

I know that I'm a total mess and my appearance isn't even close to how I should show up in public. But then again I don't even know where I'm going. I run a hand through my hair before using a wet towel to clean my face.

It's dark outside and because of black paper covering the windows it's hard to see out the window. I shift in my seat, my heart thumping faster than it should.

Is Will going to be mad at me? Or will he listen to my reasonings? I just really hope that he's alright.

The car stops and I take a deep breath as someone opens my door. The moment I look at the building in front of me, a little gasp escapes my mouth and I start walking towards the entrance. As fast as my legs can manage.

The amount of worry coursing through my veins makes my body tremble as I follow a guard into an elevator and out onto a corridor.

In the corridor I see the king pacing back and forth but he stops the moment he sees me step out of the elevator.

"Where is he?" I ask walking towards him.

The last time I came to the hospital in this state was when mother went into comma.

Ronald holds out his arms and starts to say something but I cut in. "Just tell me, where is he?!" I exclaim.

He motions towards the wall a few steps behind him. I step towards it which makes me realise that it isn't a wall but a glass observatory window. Tears spring up in my eyes when I look through it.

On a hospital bed, covered by a white sheet lies a pale figure. With several tubes attached to his body and through the sheet I can make out something maroon.

With tears streaming down my face I press a hand to the glass in front of me hoping that it'll magically vanish and I'll be able to go in and hold his hand and try to relieve him of the pain that he's going through.

I wipe a hand across my nose before turning to face his father, who's staring at the wall behind me.

"What happened?" I manage to ask through the tears.

He takes a deep breath, as if trying to contain his tears himself. "He was driving too fast and ran straight into a parked car. The car took most of hit but considering his present condition and the state the car was in, he's lucky to have gotten away like this."