The Royal Proclamation (26)

Cassiam pictures above :)

-----------------

I look at the newspaper on the dining table in front of me. The front page is a large notice in the official monarchy colors, saying:

3rd July

At 12:30 P.M.

A royal proclamation

Is to be made at

The Canberra Parliament House

(Live coverage by all major channels)

The royal proclamation meaning that William and I are going to tell the whole world that we're going to be parents.

Before getting married to William I never ever imagined that I'll have to tell billions of people when I get pregnant. But now that I'm actually going to do it, it seems even more unreal.

William walks into the room pulling on his coat. "Ready?"

When his eyes land on my plate, he says. "You haven't had any breakfast."

"I'm really nervous about this." I sigh.

He walks over to me and bends down so that our eyes are on the same level.

"There is nothing to be nervous about. You just have to be there so that the people can actually get to see their beautiful princess."

The last comment makes me blush but he continues. "I promise everything is going to be fine."

At the same moment the king walks in. Seeing us he says. "Best of luck you two."

"Thank you." We both reply and the same time.

"Just make sure that you don't make the same blunder that I made when we announced your mother being pregnant with you." Ronald says addressing his son.

"What blunder did you exactly make?" William asks resting a hand on the back of my chair.

"Your mother and I were just assuming and it accidently slipped out during the speech that you were a girl."

Unable to contain my laughter I burst out laughing. I know this is inappropriate but I just can't imagine William being a girl.

"But it turned out to be a boy." I finally manage to say.

"It was quite embarrassing having to apologize to all those people when I made the amendment after you were born." Ronald grins.

William is shaking his head. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for letting me know but I had no such intentions as we haven't even tried guessing the genders as yet."

At the same moment Harrison bursts into the room.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt. But if you plan on getting to the Parliament House on time you have to get going now."

William nods his head and turns to me. "Let's get going then."

I nod and get up from the chair. I follow William out of the palace and into the waiting car. I sit on back seat waiting for William while he stands outside talking to Harrison. After a few minutes he gets in next to me and the driver slides in behind the steering wheel.