Epilogue 1 (50)

I put on a light blue silk dress and pin my hair back from my face before moving on to finish my makeup. I'm slipping my feet into a pair of white heels when Rose whimpers and then starts to cry.

I sit on the bed's edge and lift her into my arms before holding her against my shoulder as she shoves her fist into her mouth and falls silent. I straighten her frock which is the exact same color as my dress before kissing her forehead and standing up.

I know that the guests have started arriving because the moment I open the bedroom's door the sound of chatter reaches my ears. I ask a housemaid to carry Rose's pram down for me. I let her go ahead of me and then taking a deep breath descend the stairs.

There are people standing in groups, laughing and talking, some hold glasses in their hands while others stand looking at the screen of their phones.

Some greet me as I pass by them and then I step into the banquet hall. It's the same one where that dinner was held when Molly and her daughters came to visit but it's decorated differently now. Then it was a dinner, now it is a Coronation Ceremony. William's Coronation Ceremony to crown him king.

There are rows and rows of chairs filled with people. But the front row at the right side of the aisle is partially vacant. I instruct the maid to set Rose's pram next to the row.

"Hey mom!" I greet her, sitting down next to her.

"Hi! How are you?" She asks, smiling at me.

"Good. How're you?" I ask, leaning across mom to talk to Ella.

"I'm alright." She smiles back at me.

Ella and Henry finalized the divorce last week. And I must admit that she looks the happiest she has in the last three months, even though her pregnancy is starting to show.

I buckle Rose into her pram as Ella scolds Leo and tries to make him sit instead of running around. I finish settling Rose and then go sit next to my nephew, who at once scrambles into my lap.

"And how are you?" I ask him and in reply he gives me a thumbs up.

Leo's telling me about one of his friends when I happen to look up, only to find myself looking at William, who was already looking at me. He motions with his head towards a back door.

"Why don't you talk to Rose for a while?" I suggest to Leo, setting him down and then making my way towards the door, stopping to greet several people on the way.

I push the door open to find myself in a small lounge with William standing in front of me.

Pushing the door shut I, I throw my arms around his neck just as his arms circle my waist, pulling me to him.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, pulling away to look at him.

"Excited. Terrified. Sad. You name it." He sighs.

"Will. You don't have a reason to be scared. You're going to be a great king." I assure him, truthfully.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I hope."

"I know." I tell him as I place a hand on his cheek and slowly kiss him.

The sound of the lounge door opening makes us jump apart as Harrison, steps in. "Sorry to disturb you love birds but unfortunately the guests outside AND the entire country is waiting to watch this Ceremony."

William take a deep breath. "Alright."

Harrison leaves and I give my husband's hand one last squeeze before letting go and walking out, followed by William.