life changing news (14)

I sit in the living room working on the budget papers. For the first time I'm deeply engrossed but the sound of the door opening makes me look up.

"Hi!" I greet Helen as she closes the door.

"Hey! I thought I'd find you here." She replies sitting down on a couch across the room. "How far have you gotten with the report?"

I hold up the five pages I read in the past hour. She shakes her head in disapproval. "You need to focus on the task."

"I know but I just can't bring myself to do that." I groan. After a few minutes I add. "Did you get to meet the relatives you were planning to visit?"

At this a smile spreads across her face and she looks up at me. "Yes, I did."

"That's good." I smile back.

I work hard for a few hours till I start feeling hungry and decide to take a quick snack break.

I stroll down to the kitchens and go in. No one gives me any importance and go on doing their work which makes me happy because they listened to what I told them the first time. I walk over to the large refrigerators lining one wall and pull open a random one.

It's piled with vegetables and fruits of all sorts. I go through some shelves till I find something that appeals to me. There is a huge bowl with slices of watermelon. I carry it to a counter and separate some onto another plate and take it back to my work place.

I start and in a matter of minutes I'm done eating. This time I keep working for two hours straight till a nauseous feeling takes over me and a headache erupts inside my head like a volcano. I'm forced to lie down right there on the couch. I close my eyes and almost at once fall asleep.

I have the strangest dream and the funny thing is that what I do in it is something that I had at the back of my mind when I felt sick all of a sudden.

I wake up to the sound of the door opening. I open my eyes to find a housemaid stepping into the room with a broom and duster in hand. She stops abruptly at the sight of me in the room.

"I'm sorry. Ma'am Annabelle said that the room would be empty right now." She apologizes but I stop her by saying. "Don't worry, I was just leaving."

I gather my papers from the floor and walk past her out of the room. The moment I step out my dream comes rushing back to me and instinctively I start walking towards Helen's new office. I'm so lost in my own thoughts that I don't knock and walk straight in.

I look up to find her hurriedly stuffing something into a drawer which makes me realize my mistake and an "oops!" escapes my mouth.

"What do you want?" She asks me.

"Umm...I was thinking of going out for an hour. Though, we don't have to tell William or anything." I explain to her the best I can.

"Of course! I totally understand. Should I get a driver to bring a car?" She gets up and comes to stand in front of me.

"I was thinking that maybe I could drive myself." I word my thought.

"Alright! I'll get your car and an ambulance. Will that do?" She asks, smirking.

"Helen! Please!" I groan.

"Fine. But in case of an accident I'm not the one responsible." She states raising up her hands.

"That's fine." I tell her.

In a matter of minutes Helen gets a driver to bring a white Porsche to the front and she walks me to the car. "I still suggest that you take a driver."