I have my eyes on you (9)

I wake to my head throbbing because of a headache. I groan as I sit up and massage my head with my fingers. After a few minutes I give up and head towards the bathroom.

A cold shower always helps me with headaches, so I let the cold water run and step into it. I expose my forehead to the water so that the water drums against it relieving me of some of the pain. When I lather shampoo onto my hair, I rub it hard and it helps.

Once I've dried and changed into a light pink dress with the same white shoes I wore yesterday, I head down to breakfast. The headache is loads better but it's still there.

For the first time since that first breakfast both father and son are seated at the table when I walk in. And instead of suits they're both wearing casual clothes.

I take my seat and then on a quick decision I turn to the butler present. "Can you please get me some Advil?"

He leaves the room to go get it and I turn back to find William looking at me with concern. "Are you alright?"

I nod. "It's just a headache. I'm sure it'll pass within a couple of hours."

"Are you sure? It's going to be really tiring today with all the guests." He tells me.

The butler comes back with my medicine and take it from him before replying. "Yeah, I'm sure. I'll be fine, don't worry."

I unscrew the cap and take out two tablets and then swallow them with a glass of water. After that I turn my attention to breakfast and help myself to some sausages.

"They will be arriving in about fifteen minutes. Be prepared." Ronald tells us and we nod our heads in reply.

We're all done with breakfast when a guard appears to announce that Molly and her children have arrived. The king at once leaves the room but William stays back and kisses my forehead before whispering.

"Don't forget your promise."

"I remember." I tell him.

I take the lead towards the entrance and when I step out a procession of cars awaits me. The guards move forward to open the doors as they step out.

From William's warning me about her, I had imagined her to be someone thin and tall with an evil face like Cinderella's stepmother. But this lady has a round face with a bright smile on it and she's not exactly fat but not thin either.

"Ah! Ronald!" She cries out as she hugs her brother in a dramatic way. I sneak a sideways glance at William and catch him rolling his eyes at them which makes me smile.

The moment I look back at her, she calls out. "And you must be Cassandra!"

I nod and descend the last few steps towards her and am met with a bone crushing hug. She's a hugger. I can't imagine her to be cruel but again she has her brother fooled too.

I smile and reply. "Yes, I'm Cassandra."

She puts a hand on her chest and sighs before turning to William who has come to stand beside me. "You two make such a wonderful couple."

"Thank you." He simply states but is cut short but a shrill voice. "William!"

I look behind Molly to find a slim, "cheerleader-type" girl walking towards us. The red dress she's wearing reminds me of the one Ashley was wearing the first time I saw her.

She comes to stand next to her mother and holds out her hand to me. "Hi! I'm Miranda."

I shake her hand. "I'm Cassandra."

"Of course you are! I've heard so much about you. And you're even more gorgeous in real life." She comments.

I try to make out a hidden meaning in the complement but in the end I just thank her.