12: Find Me

Duncan's P.O.V

"Oh my God the smell is putrid!" Tyler exclaimed, throwing his hands over his nose.

Ugh, such a sissy boy. Tyler  isn't my type of friend, his boyfriend is pretty cool though.

"Yeah no shit, it's a dead body." I jarred.

"A little help, Ryan?"

I glared at Ryan and he eyed me down evilly. That boy's got bad guts for me.

He threw me his pocket knife and I pried it open.
Everyone watched in disgust as I cut through the dead zombie's stomach, but by this point I was so used to it.
Although the blood and guts didn't phase me anymore, the stench still did.

I mean, the smell hit me as soon as I ripped through it's stomach. It was sickening and I couldn't help but gag. The decaying scent choked the air and  I took a ragged breath through my mouth, trying to shut out the rancid smell.

After I gutted the zombie, I threw the knife down and instantly began rubbing myself in the blood.

"Yuck." Max gagged

I looked up and glanced at everyone's expressions. They were emotionless but I could tell they were in complete and utter disgust.

"C'mon Victoria --- Tyrone, Reese." I exclaimed

"I'll help you, Reese." Charlie squat down and picked up a pile of chunky blood, then smeared it all over Reese's shirt and neck as she winced in disgust.

Thinking quickly, I dipped my hands in the body and rubbed them all over Victoria who was hesitant to even go through with the plan at this point.

"Just do it guys." Park  murmured

"Shut up Asian boy, if you think it's so easy why don't you do it." Tyrone jarred

Park stared at Tyrone seriously for a second then chuckled lightly.

"Fine I will," and without hesitation, he squat down and began covering himself in guts and blood.

"Dude you can't go too!" Ryan exclaimed

"I'm just going to be the lookout."

"Park," Victoria started.

"I'm fine." he smiled.

Hm, If I didn't know any better I would say Victoria had a soft spot for Park..
They don't have a lover kind of bond, but more of a brother sister vibe.

She nervously ran her fingers through her hair and stared at us as we continued to cover ourselves in blood, and from the looks of it, she was going paranoid.
____________________________________

After we all were covered and we were wished luck, we locked hands and started our journey.

I held onto Park's hand, leading everyone on. Victoria held onto his hand, Reese held onto hers and Tyrone held onto Reese's because he refused to hold onto a guy's hand.

"Guys, don't bump into any of these things.. Don't make a single word, got it?" I whispered

"We're not dumb." Victoria scoffed

Well excuse me for trying to help you on your FIRST TIME DOING THIS.

"We got this guys, we go in as a family and if we don't make it out, we go down as a family." She added

Oh hell no. Victoria is way too excited about things.

"Just shut up." Tyrone mumbled

We began to approach some of the dead, but we didn't draw attention.