7: Wild

Reese's P.O.V

Ryan played music from his phone as I drove through the woods, looking for a place to sleep..

The music was varied but I liked it.

He played Twenty Øne Piløts, Troye Sivan, Bryson Tiller-- and Lana Del Rey because I made him.

"I want you to color me blue, anything it takes to make you stay... I only see myself, when I'm looking up at you." I sung along.

I sung straight ahead, not turning my head to Ryan at all. But in the corner of my eye, I could see him staring at me deeply and smiling.

"You really like Troye, huh?" He asked

I really love Troye Sivan, I'd marry him if I could.

"Yeah, when I was like 15 my parents took me to see him in concert." I said

"Ah, must have nice parents. Do you think they're okay?"

Yeah, they are. They're in heaven.
My mom and dad died 2 years ago. I was 17 at the time, just a junior in highschool when I got the call that they'd been in a terrible car accident. They were hit by a speeding 18 wheeler, knocked them clear off the road. We didn't get to bury them, because we didn't have the money. So they were cremated, and Kai and I sprinkled their ashes in the ocean. That's what they would want, it was their favorite place to go together.

"They're dead." I murmured.

He quietly and calmly gasped, "I'm sorry, I bet they were good people. "

I leaned forward against the steering wheel and smiled, "They were great people. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Maybe because you had to see your dad like that earlier."

"Yeah, let's not talk about that." he said quickly.

"Okay, let's talk about something else." I suggested.

"How come you're the greatest pitcher in state? You have to teach me sometime." he laughed

I couldn't help but giggle, Ryan's a charmer. He was so sweet to me last year in school and he still is.

"I'll teach you when I find a ball." I smiled.

I had finally come across a camping place where we could park and I could get some sleep.
Because today was a tiring, life changing day. I killed people, and society as we know it, crumbled to pieces.

I parked the van and cut it off, and checked on everyone in the back.

Max fell asleep in Kai's arms and she leaned on Cody's shoulder.
Jose and Kimmy leaned on each other and Bella leaned against the window. They were all asleep, sound asleep. How could they sleep so peacefully knowing the world was destroyed today?

"You can cut it off now." I whispered

Ryan perched up and instantly cut his music off, "you don't want it to play?" he asked, worriedly.

"No, the sounds are gone. Well, they aren't gone but I can barely hear them and I just want to get some sleep." I sighed.

"What sounds?"

...the sounds of the bombs from the city, explosions, buildings falling, cars honking, people still screaming!

But we're in the the country part of Columbia now, and the city's in the distance. Although the sounds are barely noticeable, We have to get going to a safer place in the morning, I don't even know if this place is safe. They might blow us up tonight but let's take our chances.