2: Now

(Kai's P.O.V)

It hasn't even been an hour yet and I'm slowly dying.

The room is so quiet, I can hear the clock tick.

And not to mention, the teacher watched us like a hawk. He has eyes everywhere on his body. I know this because while he was staring at Cody, the preppy girl in the cheerleader outfit up front snuck out her phone and the teacher turned his head so quick he almost broke his neck.

"Attention! Attention! We need all teachers to report to the main office at this moment. ASAP!" the walkie talkie rung.

The monitor grabbed the walkie talkie and got up, "I'll be back, so don't move an inch or I'll have you suspended!" he said

What the hell is wrong with him. He acts like this is beyond scared straight.

He squinted his eyes one last time before walking out and slamming the door.

As soon as he left, the tall, buff guy with red-dyed hair popped up and smiled at everyone in the room.

"God I'm glad he's gone." he smiled.

Everyone stared at him like he was a maniac, especially Cody.

"I don't think we've met before, I'm Ryan, captain of the baseball team." he said, walking around, shaking hands.

"We know who you are, want a cookie?" The cheerleader jarred.

"Oh shut up Kimmy, I'm just tryna make this place a little brighter."

He held his hand out to Cody and Cody kindly shook his head no.

Ryan shrugged and walked over to me to shake my hand.

His hand was so big and so sweaty. Gross.

"It's detention, how could you possibly make this brighter?" the other boy up front asked.

"I don't know. What's your name, and-- class, and why are you in here?"

"I'm Jose, Senior, got caught walking off campus." the boy responded.

"Rookie move, Jose. If you're gonna leave campus you should use the auditoriums exit." Ryan laughed, shaking his head.

"How bout you?" he asked, staring at me.

"I'm Kai, Kai Felthen. Sophomore, and I'm just here because I wrote some Drake lyrics on my test."

Ryan chuckled and nodded, "Wait-- Felthen?.. I know that name from somewhere." He pondered

"Oh, uh, my sister --- Reese, Reese Felthen. She graduated last year.. She was school president, ranked #2 softball pitcher in state, valedictorian." I bragged

My sister is kind of a big deal, I mean she is incredibly smart and popular and she's going places. Last year she graduated from this lame school, she strived to become valedictorian for our parents, who died 2 years ago, and she did it. She strived to take this school's softball team to state, and she did it. When she turned 18 last year, she had saved enough money for her own apartment and so we moved out our aunt's place and now we live together in her small apartment in the suburbs of Columbia, Georgia. I could go on and on about how amazing my sister is, but I think you get the idea.

"Oh!! super mega hottie Reese Felthen!" Ryan said

Reese is also known for being the super mega hottie of the century, as some say.

"Yeah, whatever." I sighed

Ryan shrugged and pointed at Cody, "Aye! We all know who you are! Codyyyyy Dallasssss! Vice President of NHS. Why you in here Nerdy McGee?"

Cody smirked, his adorable shy smile, and murmured, "got 3 tardies."

"I knew you would never do anything bad. What about you, Kimberly?" Ryan said, turning toward the cheerleader again.

"Kimberly is my mother's name.. my name is Kimmy, thank you very kindly," she jarred, "And I got caught with a cig buuuut, it's None of your business anyway."

Okay, in all honesty, I already can't stand her.

There was one girl left, in the far right corner of the room. She had long black hair that reached her waist and glasses as big as her face.

"Hey gal, what about you?" Ryan exclaimed

"Oh, I- I'm Bella. I'm a freshman and I cheated on a test." she said, innocently.

She's so young and adorable, bless her heart.

"Well, looks like we're stuck together for 2 more hours." Ryan smiler.

"Anyone wanna ditch and get food?" Jose asked

Ryan shrugged and jumped over the desk, "I'm down."

Jose got up and grabbed his keys from his pocket, "Anyone else?"

"you can't just skip detention..  that's why you're in here now!" Kimmy protested

"Oh yeah? who says?" he smiled.

Kimmy sighed and rolled her eyes, "You know what, fine. Go."

Ryan shrugged at her, "Suit yourself, Kimmy. How bout you Bella, you coming?" He asked

Bella nervously bit her nails before giving in and joining them by the door.

"Niiiiccce, I like rebellious freshmen." Ryan winked

Bro,  she's like 14.

"We can't just leave." Cody bursted.

"We can't but we will. Come along, I'll pay." Jose persuaded

Cody sighed and closed the comic book he was reading and got up.

what

what

whAT
SWEET ADORKABLE CODY IS GONNA DITCH DETENTION?

I'm down.

I hopped up as soon as Cody made his way to the door. I don't know these people but Cody's going so I gotta go too.

"Kimmy let's gooo!" Ryan exclaimed

She huffed and flipped her hair dramatically, fiercely swaying her hips as she stormed toward us.

I can't believe we're doing this.

Right when Jose reached for the door knob, the monitor bursted through the door, pushing us on.

"Look, you all have to go home now." he exclaimed

"Why-why, what's wrong?" Bella asked, befuddled as the rest of us.

"I don't know, Just go and watch the news, you got to get out of here." he said

"Don't gotta tell me twice,"
Ryan bolted out the class and down the hall.

What's going on?

Cody pulled his hair behind his ears and stared at all of us.

"Let's go this sounds important." he said

_____

Wdyt?