4: Team

Kai's P.O.V

I stuffed everything I could into the suitcases: bandaids, hygiene products, clothes, every essential you could probably imagine.

While Jose gathered bottled water, canned foods and sealed snacks.

"THEY'RE BACK!" Kimmy yelled from the living room..

Reese!

I ran down the hall, met by Jose and ran to the living room's window.

The car sat outside parked, as Cody, Reese, Ryan and some other little boy sat in the car, looking around outside anxiously.

Just then, an older lady ran to his car and began clawing at the window, groaning and smearing blood on the window.

God damn! They're stuck.

They watched the crazy woman at the window before Ryan leaned in and told them  something..

Jose and I watched nervously as Reese got out the car, holding tight to the  little boy's hand  and as  Cody got out too.

Cody ran to the end of the driveway and began screaming, grabbing the crazy woman's attention.

While she was distracted and on her way to Cody, Reese ran to the door, which Jose opened for her and she tumbled inside with the boy.

Ryan jumped out the car and chucked the lady in the back of the head with his baseball bat, when she was down she tried to get back up but then Ryan bashed  her skull into the concrete.
All the blood splattered on him and he just stood there clueless and delusional.

Cody ran up behind him, jacked his shirt and pulled him back into the house.

Back inside, everyone caught their breath and reunited. They made it!

I hugged Reese and she ran her dark brown fingers down my face, "we've gotta get out of here." she said

"I figured-- so, uh, Jose and I packed stuff. The house is practically wiped out." I said

She giggled and scruffed through my hair, "good job kiddo."

Reese went over to Ryan and they exchanged words.. And then they met in a hug.

Cody stood with his back against the door and his hands on his knees, panting for dear life.

I walked over to him  and pat his shoulder awkwardly, because I can't be normal around him.

"Hey that was a smart idea out there." I said

"Oh, It was Ryan's idea, but uh, thank you--," he stared at me and lifted an eyebrow.

"Kai." I finished for him

"Thank you, Kai." He said.

He took of his glasses and shook his hair fiercely and so very cutely!

I could feel my body began to shake a bit so I made my way to the other side of the living room.

He gave me so many butterflies.

I sat beside Bella, who was  still devastated, & barely sane.

"You okay?" I asked

"Does it look like it?" she jarred

"No, just trying to make you feel better.." I murmured

"Well you can stop, okay? I don't need you or anyone else talking to me."

Gosh, so harsh.

Ryan came over with his little brother holding his hand.

"Hey,  me and the others are gonna load the cars so we can leave, can you watch my brother? His name is Maximus." he asked