33

"You're free to stay here if you'd like, but I have a feeling Harry is going to want you to stay at his flat with him." Louis shouted over his shoulder. His voice almost inaudible from the music blaring downstairs. He guided Lindsay and I up the stairs of his house, holding both of our luggages in each of his hands. Although they were heavy he didn't show any struggle and went up the stairs with ease. "You two must be tired from the travel, huh?" He asked as we walked down the hallway, turning into the second room on the right. After Louis huffed and placed our luggages down, Lindsay and I placed our bags beside them. Louis turned to Lindsay and raised his brows when we didn't answer.

"A little," I admitted. "We'll be fine, though." 

Louis nodded. "There's coffee and tea in the kitchen. And alcohol." Louis shrugged. "You can pick." 

"Alcohol," Lindsay sighed, slowly nodding. "Definitely alcohol." 

Louis laughed. "I like you, Lindsay. Let's begin your girl's short trip to London with a drink, hm?" 

As he and Lindsay began their way out of the room, I stayed back. "I'm just going to freshen up and change, if that's okay?" I called. 

Louis paused in the doorway and turned towards me. "No problem. Harry won't be arriving for another hour." 

I nodded and smiled at him as he and Lindsay left, closing the door behind them. Downstairs there were already quite a few people here and they'd given me a curious look as I walked by, probably wondering who the random girl with the luggage was in Louis Tomlinson's house. I'd seen a couple of recognizable faces, a couple models and even Rita Ora, but I kept my cool. I had just as much right to be here as them, even if I wasn't famous. 

I walked toward my luggage, grunting as I lifted it up onto the bed. After I plopped it down and unzipped it, I rummaged through the clothes I packed, gently moving aside Harry's present, and pulled out a pair of dark jeans, a flowy black tank top and a long, cozy cardigan. I changed quickly, packing away the leggings and sweater I had on back into my luggage. I topped the outfit off with a dainty gold necklace with a bird charm, then walked toward the mirror in the corner of the room. I wiped under my eyes and inspected my face for a second before grabbing my make up bag and quickly added some powder and fixing my eyeliner. I looked at my hair and shrugged, running a hand through it as it was still surprisingly straight after the 8 hour flight. Finally satisfied with how I looked, I spritzed myself with some perfume then went downstairs. 

I felt butterflies fill my stomach when I reached the bottom of the stairs and I looked around at the many unfamiliar faces. I swallowed as I started moving through the crowd, looking around for Lindsay or anyone who knew me. I walked through the hallway and into the kitchen, feeling a sigh of relief escape my lips as I found Lindsay just as she was taking a shot. 

"Macy!" Lindsay shouted at me. "Come take a shot with me!" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry's POV 

"Lou, I appreciate taking me out tonight but I'm really tired-" 

"Oh, hush." Lou said, waving her hand in the air to silence me as she drove. "I promised Louis and the lads that I'd bring you to see them tonight, and I intend to keep my promise. It'll just be a quick visit, they just want to wish you a happy birthday." Lou said, looking to me and smiling. 

I sighed but nodded, leaning back against the headrest, my eyes looking at the buildings we drove past. I couldn't get in the birthday mood, partially because I was exhausted and partially because I was sad I wouldn't be spending it with my family or Macy. I did appriciate everything Lou had done for me today, and even though I complained about being tired the entire day, she didn't seem to mind, or care. She still took me out for dinner with a couple of friends and bought everyone a round of drinks which was nice, but I still couldn't get into it. 

I sat up in the car as we drove down Louis' street, feeling my nose scrunch as I noticed the amount of cars parked outside. I looked over to Lou and gave her a look. "Is Louis throwing a surprise party?" 

"No." Lou said back quickly, shaking her head. "No, he is not." 

"You're a terrible liar." 

"He's not!" She said, pulling over to the curb. As we got outside and walked to Louis' front door I heard the music from inside and let out a quiet laugh. 

"You guys are horrible at surprise parties." I said as Lou opened the front door.

When we got inside, everyone scrambled around and in horrible unison shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY!" 

I laughed and smiled at everyone, saying hello to everyone who approached me. When Louis came into view with Liam, they both shouted and attacked me into a hug. 

"Happy birthday, mate!" Louis said. "Did we surprise you?" 

I laughed. "Almost, until I noticed the cars outside." 

"Damn. Come on, people! I told you to park far!" Louis shouted, looking to the people who stood around us. He was obviously drunk. All of a sudden his eyes lit up. "Well, we have one more surprise!" 

"Oh?" I said, raising a brow. 

"Our birthday gift!" Liam said, holding up his cup then taking a swig. 

"Yes!" Louis said, clinking his plastic cup with Liam's. "Where'd they go?" He asked, narrowing his brows.

They? 

Louis leaned to the side and looked behind me. "There!" He said, pointing his finger.

I narrowed my brows and turned to where he was pointing.  My eyes scanned the room and I saw a bunch of people in groups talking, until someone in the crowd moved through and stumbled out. I felt my eyes widen as Macy looked up at me, the smile growing on her face mimicking my own.

"Not so bad at surprises, huh?" Louis said, giving my shoulder a push.

I stumbled forward, and walked toward her quickly. Macy laughed when I reached her, her arms wrapping around my neck. I buried my face in her neck and smiled so hard it hurt, lifting her from the ground. Macy gave me a squeeze, then lent back and smiled at me before she met my lips. I tightened my arms around her, not wanting to let her go if in case out of my exhaustion I'd made up that she was here in the first place.

"Harry, you can't hold me all night." She laughed, leaning back to look at me.

"You're really here?" I asked.

Macy nodded, reaching one of her hands up to cup my cheek. As she ran her thumb over my cheek she said, "I'm really here. Happy birthday, handsome." 

I put her down, and she wrapped her arms around me and I wrapped mine around her, trying to shake the butterflies I still got every time I was with her. 

"Happy birthday, Harry." I heard someone say. Macy let go of me and we both turned to see Rita, a drink in her hand and a smile on her lips. "Whose this?" She asked, nodding towards Macy.

I looked over to Macy to see her swallow nervously. "I'm Macy." She said with a shy smile.

"Harry's girlfriend?" She asked. "Makes sense now." 

"What does?" 

"That girl you were spotted with in New York, that was intense gossip. I can't believe you didn't tell me." Rita said, giving my arm a punch. 

I laughed. "I haven't seen you for a while, it's not my fault."

"Well, you two are adorable." She said to Macy. She looked back at me and motioned her hand to tell me to lean forward. When I did she whispered in my ear, "Don't fuck this up, Harry. She seems like a good girl." 

I smirked and pulled away, shaking my head. "She is. I won't."