16

*edited*

Jaylah

I wanted to find a quiet place to chill. My head is pounding from the music and and the three beers I had. I walked in to someone in the room.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said, before the guy with a familiar hair cut turned around. He had a black tee shirt on and skinny jeans.

"Don't be." Chase said. He sat on the bed. "Come sit." At this moment, I moment I wanted to hear his side of his story. I sat next to him. "Where's Chris?" He questioned.

"Partying downstairs. I'm not into this partying stuff. I really have to be in the mood to do it."i said.

"Same. My prom date drugged my ass into this shit." I laughed a little.

"Do you know whose house is this by the way?" I questioned.

"It's mine. My date also forced me to throw this party. Welcome to my room." He had a smile on his face.

"Damn. This is clean for a teenage boy." I looked around at his perfectly made bed and his clean floor. His dresser wasn't cluttered.

"My parents sometimes call me a neat freak." He brushed his shoulders off. I laughed. "I'm glad you found me. I'm just want to apologize for ruining your prom."

"You didn't ruin it. Christian just brushed the subject off." I shrugged. "We had a great time."

He opened his night stand drawer and found a a blunt and a lighter. "Wanna smoke?" He gestured.

"I never smoked before." I confessed.

"Really? Since you fucked around with Christian, I would have thought you smoked." I watched him spark the joint and take a hit.

"Nah. He doesn't do that stuff around me or at least tries not to." Christian sometimes comes to my house high as a kite, but I don't mind it.

He passed me the joint. I took it. "I'll show you how." He looked at me in my eyes. "Put the blunt in your mouth and inhale." I did. "Suck in the smoke." I did what he said. "Now exhale." He said and I did. I started coughing my brains out. He started laughing. "If you cough, it's ok. It's just the THC going into your lungs." We started passing the joint around. After sometime, I felt my eye lids start to droop. He grabbed my arm and let go of it. I watched as my arm fell right by my side. "Good grief she's high." We both started laughing.

"Is that a good thing?" I grabbed blunt out her hand. "Light me up Chase." He grabbed the blunt.

"You know how to work a lighter?" He asked.

"Do you?" I asked sarcastically. I kept hitting my blunt. I really didn't know how to spark a lighter. I was afraid to set my hand on fire. He didn't have to know that.

He sparked the blunt. "We got jokes now?" I took a hit.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yea."

"At prom, after I called you a murderer, you had this look in your eyes. Why?" I took another hit.

"Because I didn't kill her." He said. I knew it.

"What happened?" I sat up and faced him.

"Well, she was depressed. I was there protecting her from harming herself. No one knew about her depression. Not even Chris. One day, we both got into a fight. She said some stuff that ticked me off. I did the same. When she told me she hated me I-." He stopped talking. I saw a tear running down his face. "I told her go to kill herself and I walked out. The next day, Christian tackled me and beat the shit out of me.  She wrote a suicide note basically saying that it was my fault." I gave him a hug. "I wish I could take back the shit I said to her. I loved her very much but she caught me at my weak point. I knew she was fragile." I heard the door bust open.