3

*edited*

Jaylah

I HAD A SALTY ATTITUDE.

I'm so fucking mad at Christian for bailing on me at my house. He walked into class with bruises on his face.

"Why did you leave yesterday without saying bye?" I asked. He sat there with angry expression on his face and his jaw clenched. I scoffed. "Oh so you're just going to keep ignoring me?"

"Jaylah please just leave me alone." He finally said with an attitude.

"Watch how you talk to me." I didn't care about what happened after he left. It had nothing to do with me.

"Jaylah shut the fuck up." He snapped. I shrugged and left his ass alone for the rest of class. After class, he sped walked out of class. I followed right behind him and pulled him into a closet.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I said to him.

"Nothing." He said with an attitude.

"Stop fucking lying to me. Yesterday you were happy as Winnie the Pooh, now, you're acting like an ass."

"There is nothing wrong with me Jay." I still wasn't convinced. I turned a light on and sat him on a table. I stood in between his legs and touched the bruise on his face. He winced.

"How did you get this?" I asked. I didn't want to be deep in his business but I am genuinely concerned.

"I fell." He mumbled. I raised my eyebrow. The bell rang in the background.

"Bull shit." I told him. He grabbed my wrist and gently moved my hands off his face.

"Come on Jay. I have to go to history." He tried to push past me but I wasn't having it.

"Not until you tell me how you got that bruise." He sighed.

"Got it in a fight last night."

"With who?"

"I don't know. Some guy that I was selling to." He's not doing what I think he's doing is he?

"Selling what?" He mumbled something. I grabbed his face so he would be staring right into my eyes. "What did you say?"

"Drugs. Ok? Drugs. My mom is a drug addict and my dad has been in jail since a month before I was born for killing someone. I have to be responsible and putting food on the table and a roof over our heads. Ok?" He stood up. "I didn't want you to finding out." I saw him let out a tear. I immediately felt bad for invading his privacy. I just the dude 24 hours ago and I made the dude cry.

I wiped his tear. "Look Christian, I want to help you. I want you to stop selling drugs ok?" This was the first genuine friend I've ever made. I don't want him to die. I had my parents money, I could help him and his mom out.

"I can't just stop. The gang is going to kill me if I quit. They know where I live, where I go to school and my family. He has taken my mom hostage before and beat the shit out of her because i didn't follow simple orders. I don't want that to happen to her again."

"Move out of your house and live in the house in my back yard. It's nice and comfortable." He scoffed.

"You don't get it do you? I don't want your fucking help Jaylah. I want to do this on my own." He grabbed his bag and left the closest.

Christian

I feel bad for yelling at Jaylah. All she was going was trying to help me. I also don't want her to get hurt. I walked into Zero's trap house.

"Wassup Chris?" Drake said. Drake is my right hand man on the job. I sighed. "Why the long face?"

"There's this girl I met yesterday and now she wants to help me." Drake is the only person who I don't want to deal anymore.

"She wants to know your life story?" He handed me a blunt, which I immediately hit.

"I mean yeah. She's a cool ass girl though." I smiled at the thought of Jaylah.

"Describe her."

"She attended private school, about 5'4, and she's black."

"Oh you talking about Jaylah?" I nodded. How he knows her. "She funny as hell and bad. We were at a house party together Last weekend and almost killed a dude for humping on her on the dance floor. She's a keeper. If she not gonna be with you, I would cuff her myself." He licked his lips. Alright calm down dude.

I shook my head. "It's not like that. I consider her a really good friend."

"Damn that's cold. You friend zoned her?"

"No Drake. We're just friends." That did sound like a friend zone. I haven't been in a relationship since my last girlfriend cheated on me.

"I'm just saying, If a girl is trying to help you in your situation I would want to keep her. If she was like any of these other hoes you fuck with, she would want to keep you in the drug business for the money."

"True." I took another drag. "Enough with me, wassup with you?"

"Baby momma drama. Amber keeps saying I don't never take care of my som but yet he is here with me four out of the seven days of the week. She's trying to put the child support on me and shit."

"You need to set her straight dude."

"I do but you know if shit goes wrong her brother will kill me." Zero is Amber's brother. "I've made a big mistake fucking her that night."

"It's alright. Man. Look I have to go apologize to Jaylah."

"Alright man." He dapped me up and I headed on my motorcycle to her house.