President Campaign

Minnesota, 20th March 2016

I'm happy that this is my last year, I'm a senior already yay. Time really have gone by so fast. I'm going to candidate to become Senior Class President. It was Mackenzie's idea.

I have many ideas on my mind for this school. I'm not making this to leave a mark in this school. I'm doing this because I want that the next students that will go in here will be able to study in a more acceptable environment.

I'm in my room, literally glued to my desk writing on my laptop the things I would like to change and how to change them. And then I'll turn that into a speech. Mackenzie wanted to support me with her dad's money but I don't want to do this the easy way. I will gather a fundraiser for the things I want to change.

I hear a sweet melody dancing through the air all the way to my ears. It's my phone ringing.

Lea (on the phone) - Hello?! Hi Aaron how are you babe?

Lea (on the phone) - Oh I really can't today, I'm so sorry.

Lea (on the phone) - No it isn't because of the Medusas. I'm writing my speech for my candidature for Senior Class President.

Lea (on the phone) - I know we haven't been together for a while since I went on a vacation with Mackenzie in Paris. But this is really important for the school, I tell you if it wasn't I would meet you right now.

Lea (on the phone) - You don't have to be so rude! Bye.

I know it's not easy for a guy when he likes a girl to not have that girl with him all the time. But I have to have my own moments, being them only with myself or with the Medusas. There's a line that have to be drawn. And I won't let neither the Medusas mess with my relationship nor Aaron mess with my friendships.

I go back to my laptop and start to write and write. Ideas just flow and get a "physical form" by my typing.

Tomorrow is the day to present the speeches. I'm not afraid, I'm actually confident. I've seen the other candidates, and no I'm not being a bitch but they're aren't great competition. Not because most of them suck and are really stupid but because my own competition is myself. We have this idea that was imposed by the former generations that we are always battling against other people. But no, we're the only ones we are battling against. Everybody has their goals in life, their dreams, as we don't strive for the same we don't have to compete with anyone.

My mom knocked on my door and told me the dinner was ready but I told her I wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat so I went to watch some tv. But my father came to the living room and ordered that remote should be held to him and so I gave it to him. I run upstairs and go to my bedroom again. I close the door, turn off all the lights and lay on my bed.

I'm thinking about my old self. Lea Price the girl next door, the girl who was mocked by her librarian fashion style. The girl who was roasted every day in the bathroom by the most popular girls. The shy girl.

Tears stream down my face, I sometimes wish to be that girl again because I'm living in what seems a sham. I'm no longer the Lea Price, now I'm Lea the popular girl from the most popular squad in school the Medusas. Now I mock people and roast them, now I'm not shy I'm sexier and I open up more to people. Now I'm not afraid to have a boyfriend or to flirt. I'm not fearful anymore. I'm friends with my once biggest enemies.

What happened to me? Maybe this change was good for me. It brought me much more opportunities.

After crying and thinking about everything that has changed within me, I fall asleep.

Minnesota, 21st March 2016

8 a.m. the alarm rings and I don't want to go to school after last night dark moment. I drooled my pillow and that isn't usual. I take a shower and this time I don't do the usual Kim K's makeup. I apply just a light lipstick on my lips and that's all. I dry my hair and just brush it to look good. Today I'm not feeling like dressing and doing the makeup and hair as I usually do.