Road Trip (Part Two)

Michigan, 23rd September 2014

After hours of driving, Aaron stops his motorcycle in a gas station nearby. Meanwhile I go to the store near it. I have to go to the bathroom.

As I run to the bathroom, the cashier gives me a look of disdain. Wait up lady I'm not here just to use the bathroom. Gosh cashiers can be really petty.

After I got out of the bathroom, I grab two Aquafina bottles of  water and head up to the cash register to pay.

Cashier - It will be four dollars please miss.

Lea (whispering) - So expensive.

Lea - Okay there you have it.

Cashier - Thank you, have a good night.

Lea - Thank you as well, wish you the same.

I get out the store. You know these gas station stores that have those automatic doors?! Well I love play with them so much. I'm such a kid. So I put each bottle in each of my hands and I open my arms and lay my head back like I'm doing some kind of transformation and the door opens. I laugh a little and I sure know that the cashier thinks I'm nuts. And probably she is laughing too but I'm already outside so I can't hear her.

I walk until I find Aaron and give him a bottle. We both open up and start to drink. We were really thirsty.

Aaron drinks the entire bottle faster than me. He must be really thirsty.

Lea - Hey big boy, thirsty much?!

Aaron - Yes and I'm still thirsty.

Lea - Really?! How can you drink an entire bottle of water and still be thirsty?

Aaron - Because it's not water that kills my thirst. It's vodka.

Lea - Haha I see. Good to know, you could have told me that before. I would steel a bottle from my dad's bar and bring it.

Aaron - There's no need to do that. I'm always prepared so I brought one.

Lea - Oh my God, you're really cray cray.

Aaron - Let's hit it?!

Lea - Where?! It's almost midnight and I'm getting a bit tired we should find some place to rest.

Aaron - That's where we're hitting! Hello?! I was talking with the gas station employee and he told me that there's a motel in a mile away from here.

Lea - Oh okay. Then let's hit babe.

We hop on to his motorcycle again and drive a mile to find that motel. We find it in sparkling letters, like those theatre marquees. Richmond Inn. It's a quite fine motel. With lots of chairs outside. Our room is the number 412. We're given the keys to open the door. I open the door and bring the saddle bags with me as Aaron is parking is motorcycle.

The room is quite modern. With white walls and the floor is covered in camel carpet.

There's a king size bed with silk white covers and sheets. There's pink cotton pillows there. I find a telephone, one I never had seen. Those vintage ones. It's white and with some touches of gold. This is fancy. I jump to the bed and try to get into sleep but Aaron enters and starts to tickle me and we both then go unpack the saddle bags.

Aaron - So, what you brought for us?

Lea - For us?! As if. Everything I brought is for me.

Aaron - Oh yeah?! Well then it's a pity because I brought coleslaw and an orange pie. I was thinking of sharing it with you but now I'm a bit hesitant.