Tears

The day of the Sunday musical is today. Saturday's shows were all good. This is our last show. For each show, after me and Danny got ready for the show. We both prayed together for the show to go well. We both met in our regular spot in a practice room that's next to the choir room. It's a small room with one piano.

We sit down on our knees, facing each other. We hold each other's hands and bow our heads. We took turns with our prayers. I went first.
"Dear Lord, thank you for bringing us here to shine your light with this opportunity. Please have this go well. Bless all who are watching and listening."

Then he went second.
"Dear Lord, please cast all our anxiety away. Please help make our faith stronger. Please keep your hand over us. Please don't let us forget this or each other." I noticed a tear fall on our hands. "I don't want to forget. I don't want to go." His voice was almost a whisper, but I could still hear what he said. "Amen."
"Amen." I looked up and Danny was crying. I hug him and he hugs me back. His embrace was tight, as if holding on for dear life.

His breathing quickened because he was still crying. "When I walk through, deep waters. I know that you will be with me. When I'm standing in the fire. I will not be overcome. Through the valley of the shadows. I will not fear. I am not alone. I am not alone. You will go before me. You will never leave me." I started singing I am not alone, I thought it would calm him down. It did, his breathing started to slow down. I could hear his heartbeat start to calm down.

We performed the show and it was great. After we finished getting changed into our regular clothes we both help take down the set. Then we went to the park.

Danny has been really quiet, as we walked hand in hand down the path. "Danny, I know you are not okay. You're to quiet. You can tell me. Please. I know you told me not to worry, but I can't help it. Please." He stopped walking. His head was hanging down, averting his gaze away from me.

He took a deep breath and talked in a low quiet voice.
"I'm moving." Time froze for a minute once I heard those words.
"What...?" My voice shook asking. He lifted his head and tears were streaming down his face.
"My mom got a new job and we're all moving to her new job location. It's across the country. Jean, I didn't want you to be upset. I don't want to leave. I love this town. I love this church. I love you. I don't want to leave any of this. We have to leave after the last day of school." That's only a few weeks away.

His knees gave way and he fell to his knees. Supporting his upper body with his arms. He didn't stop crying. I knelt down and hugged him. I was trying to fight back tears. But I felt my vision going blurry with tears.

Author's Note: there are still more chapters so just be patient.