Not Alone

We get to his house and his parents cars were in the driveway. We go to the door and Peter answers the door.
"Idiot! What are you doing?! Get in here!" We walked inside and sat at the kitchen table. His parents ran in the room.
"Danny, what were you doing? You're sick, you shouldn't be out in the rain." Danny's head was gazing down.

It wasn't his fault.
"It was my fault." Danny's head snapped up to look at me.
"Jean?"
"I texted Danny, saying that my relatives kicked me out of my house and my parents are completely oblivious to who I am. I just wanted him to know, because he's been my only friend. I didn't intend on him coming to find me. I'm sorry. I'll be going now." I turn to leave.
"Jean, wait." Danny grabbed my wrist.
"I'm not staying here. I don't want to cause anymore trouble." I shake his hand off and leave without saying goodbye. The rain turned into fog, as I walked in the dark, aimlessly.

Don't look back. I can't do anything else about it. My chest feels tight with an internal pain. What is this feeling? Is it guilt of my parents not knowing who I am? Is it pain from my family hating me? Is it fear of the unknown of what's going to happen? Is it sadness from leaving my only friend? Is it sadness because of him?

The first day I met him, I thought he was crazy. But now, I think I might be falling in love. No, no, no! I can't! I can't be in love! That's impossible! I'm not in love with Danny! He was just a friend. He used to be my friend. Now that I've left him, I feel even more pain than my bruised arm.

He stood by my side when everything was going wrong. He cared for me. We made a promise to never leave each other. I just broke that promise. I just left him behind. I left our friendship, our memories, I left it all like that.

I can't go back. But this is a mistake. So is going back. If I go back he'll only get hurt. I can't do that to him. What about school? I could finish this year and get a job to do the next year. I'll have to drop out of the musical. What about a place to live? I have no where to go. I guess I'll find a homeless shelter, but there might be others who need it more. As I wander in the rain, I only think of what I should do from now on. No family to go to. No friends to turn to.

I walk aimlessly in the rain until I spot my local church in the distance. I rush to the door and open it. The door is always open. I walk inside and sit down in the pews. I stare at the gigantic cross on the wall behind the altar. "I know you always have a plan. I just don't understand it yet. Could you tell me how to get through this? I need your help."
"Jean?" I turned around to the voice calling my name.