Hello!

We finish lunch and head down to our next class.
"Hey, Jean."
"..yeah?"
"Is it ok if I call you JJ? I think since we're friends know we can use nicknames."
"...sure..I guess.."
"Wait a minute, you never gave me a nickname yet."
"..oh..um..."

I'm terrible with nicknames. "...how about? ....um...Dan?"
He looked at me, thinking. Oh crap, he hates it and is trying to be nice.

"I love it!" He put this huge smile on his face as he screamed.
".not so loud..we'll get in trouble.."
"JJ, you're always worried."
"..you think so.."

"You're always so quiet whenever you say something. It's like you're scared to speak."
"..no I'm not scared to speak..it's just.."
"Wait a minute, I get it, you're really shy, aren't you."
"...yeah..a little bit... I'm not really comfortable around big groups of people."
"Yeah I can tell, you're always so quiet."
"You think so,...but you're always so loud."
"Yeah, I get that a lot. It's because I've been doing musical theater since I was 5 and they always tell you to be loud and project your voice, so everyone in the audience knows what you're saying."
"...Ok..."

"Hey, why don't you join the drama club? You can learn how to be less shy!" He sounded so excited. But I ..I can't act, I just can't.
"..I.. I can't act.."
"Sure you can, anybody can act."
".not me..."
"Yeah you can, it's already decided. As your friend, I'm going to teach you how to act. Starting tomorrow your going to be a thespian."
"..what..?"

"Now then, we've got a lot of work to do."
"Huh?"
"Well if you're going to be in the theater, you need to project your voice and be louder, you need to show emotion in the lines you say, you need to be able to sing, dance, you need to learn how to improvise, be able to play any part, you need to know the parts of the stage, you need to be familiar with Shakespeare, and you need to stay in character." Wow, just wow. I don't know how he expects me to do all of this.
"..um..." I have no clue what to say about any of this. I'm so confused.

The bell rings.
"..um..ah come on..we're going to be late for world history class."
"Oh, you're right, let's go."

I love world history, I like different cultures. All the colors, the music, the art, the foods, and just the general culture itself is just amazing. In this class instead of a regular teacher, someone who lives in the culture we are learning about, teaches our lessons. I think it's cool.

We finish our last classes, and head to our lockers.
"JJ."
"..yea."
"If you're not doing anything after school, I can start teaching you some acting tips."
"My parents were just going to pick me up."
"Well if you want to you could ask if you could stay for a half hour."
"Ok then, I'll try texting my mom if it's ok." I bring out my phone, and text my mom. "Hey mom, is it ok if I stay after school to learn about theater." That's strange. My mom always has her phone with her, and always responds within 10 minutes. I've been waiting for her to respond for a half hour.
"I'll try my dad." I type in the same message, half hour later, no response.

It's 4:00 they aren't here or responded.
"I'm calling them."
"Hi, this is Mrs. Jones, I'll give you a call back when I have a chance, till then please leave a message."
"Hi mom, it's me..um.. call me back when you get this.."
"Hello, this is Mr. Jones, I'm held up at the moment. Leave a message and I'll get back to you."
"Hey dad, it's me, um.. I tried calling mom and I texted you two..um call me back." What is going on?

I've called 27 times, and have left messages on each call.
"Hey mom, uh..I'm still at school, um.. where..where are you..? ..give me a call back..."

"Jean."
"Huh?!" I look back at him. I have to know what's going on.
"How about I ask my dad if he can give you a ride home?" He's right it's 4:46.
"..are you sure it's ok..?"
"Yeah, it's fine."
"Thanks."

Danny calls his dad, shortly a green mini van pulls up. We get in the car, I tell his dad my address, and we head out. I stare out the window, thinking what's going on.

Then I see a small blue car that looks familiar, it crashed in a car accident. The blue car was flipped over. I see an ambulance, police, and the fire department. It looks like someone's stuck in the car.
"..no,.. it can't be.." It's my parents. The fire department is trying to get them out of the car.
"Mom! Dad!? Stop the car! Stop the car!!!" I jump out of the car as it's moving, and rush to the car.

Their putting my parents on the ambulance cart. A police officer stops me.
"I'm sorry miss, but you can't cross. There's been an accident."
"I have to get over there!" I tried running to them, but the officer stopped me.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to let anyone through, the car could fall."
"I have to get over there. Mom! Dad!"
I was struggling to break free, but I couldn't. "Which hospital are they taking my parents?!"