Worrying

Danny's P.O.V.

I saw Jean, by the lake. Just watching the waves roll by. I run to her, but my foot slips and I fall in a ditch. She jumps after me and we both just fall in silence. She smiled her beautiful smile. My heart is beating so fast it may stop. She's just so amazing. I think I might like her, no. I -

I opened my eyes again to see my brother sitting next to me. I guess it was just a dream.
"Hey, how you feeling?"
"Better." I look around the room.
"She left about an hour ago. She was kinda in a hurry."

I grab my phone from my backpack and go to our chat box. I see the messages she texts me at night about what's going on to keep me updated.
"Hey, are you okay?" Send. No response. She normally texts me right back. Something's not right. I get up but Peter grabs my arm. "Where are you going?" Crap, I never told him, but I can't.
"Uh-bathroom?"
"Liar." He lets out a sigh. "I'm not letting you get more sick. Go to bed." I can never win against him. This isn't the first time I've tried to get out of the house when I was sick.

I go to my room and lay on the bed. I check my phone, still no answer. I try calling her phone. "Hi, this is Jean. Leave a message." Then the dead tone of the beep. I try again. "Hi, this is Jean. Leave a message." And again. "Hi, this is Jean. Leave a-" And again. "Hi this is Jean. Leave a message."
"Danny! Go to sleep!" My brother yells from the kitchen. How can I sleep? Jean isn't responding to me and I'm freaking out. What do I do? What do I do? I let out a frustrated sigh. "Sleep!"

Okay, calm down. There has to be a reason she's not answering. Maybe her phone is dead? Maybe she has no signal? Maybe-wait. What if her relatives took her phone? What if they hit her? What if-? The sheer thought of that being a possibility, made my eye sight blurry. I feel something cold and wet running down my face. I dry my eyes and put my coat on. I also grab my umbrella from my closet, and my phone and put it in my pocket.

I put pillows under my sheets. I know it's the oldest trick in the book and my brother isn't stupid enough to fall for it. But what other choice do I have? I opened my window and climb out. I carefully close the window, then jog. If I run now, I might pass out in this condition, and there's no one here to catch me if I fall. I don't care. I have to find her.