Oh Well

I run until I reach the door to my next class. I stop to catch my breath, I look at the clock on the wall. I still have 5 minutes before class. The room of the door was locked. So, I sit against the wall, still regaining my breath.
"Jean!" I hear Danny around the corner. Why does he follow me? Why does he even talk to me? He knows what the others call me. "Hey, why'd you run? We could've walked to class we have plenty of time."
"Danny, I'd rather you not be around me. I don't want you to be insulted."
"Too late. I've been insulted that you don't want me to be insulted."
"That doesn't make sense."
"Well make it make sense. We are friends so I'm going to hang around with you. Even if I get insulted."
"Why are you my friend?"
"Because I just am. Now it's time to go to class." He linked his arm with mine and started to skip inside humming the tune to "The Wizard Of Oz."

I guess I'm stuck with his friendship. He's not going to leave me alone. At least he's nice.

The day continues, and it actually wasn't that bad. Danny kept doing little things to try to get me to laugh. He'd make faces, said some jokes. And it did make me smile a bit.

The last bell rings and we both stopped at our lockers.
"JJ. Are you doing something after school?"
"I was just going to go for a walk before I go home. Why?"
"Well, yesterday we were going to do some acting skills and never got to that. So, I was wondering if you had free time."
"Okay, sure I guess."
"Great come on." He grabs my wrist and starts running.
"Hey, wait! Where are we going?!"
"I want to show you something to get your journey as an actress started."