Umberella

I've been wondering around in the cold rain for what feels like an eternity. I'm still shaking from what's happened. My arm is bruised from when I was slapped into the wall. I'm just walking in the park. With nothing but my backpack. What am I going to do? I can't go back. My parents won't remember me.

I came to visit my parents after they woke up.
"Nurse!" They still think I'm a stranger.
"It's me. Please remember." My voice is quite and calm. But they have nothing but fear in their eyes.
"Get out! How many times do we have to tell you?! We don't know who you are! Now get out!" They're screaming at me. The doctor told me to be calm before I came in here. I stay seated in the visitors chair. My parents are able to walk around on their own. They're just not alright with the memory loss. My parents won't stop yelling at me to get out. My mom grabbed a book and threw it towards me. I fall off the chair trying to dodge it. Then run because she's still throwing things. I close the door behind me and gasp for breath. The doctor came up to me.
"The treatment isn't working. I'm sorry, but there's nothing else we can do. It's against the hospital's regulations to put a patient in a distressing situation that my be hostile to their health." I clear my dry throat.
"I... I understand." With that I leave.

As I walk in the rain, that memory plays in my mind, over and over again. All I can hear now is the rain pouring down on me. I stand in the middle of the park's sidewalk. Next to the playground. My eyes filled with tears. My body has no energy left. My knees shake in place, then give way. I fall onto the wet sidewalk, supporting myself up with my arms. My head hangs down. My hair in my face. Rain trickles down from my hair, leaving rain droplets on my hands.

Then I don't feel anymore rain drops, but I still hear the rain. I look up to see Danny, smiling down at me with an umbrella in his left hand. His right hand extended to me. I take it and he pulls me to my feet. My head still hangs down. My left hand gripping my right arm gently.
"Danny I-" Before I can finish he hugs me tightly.
"It's okay. It'll all be okay." By the tone of his voice, I could already tell he knew what happened.

He takes my hand and begins to walk. "Come on, we'll both catch our death of cold being out here." With the umbrella in one hand and my hand in the other, we walk through the rain. "Does your arm hurt?"
"It's fine. Don't worry about it." He stopped walking to face me.
"No, I'm not going to not worry about it. Wait that sounded like a double negative. I uh-okay." He let out a frustrated sigh.
"You okay?" He scratched the back of his neck and smiled. Letting out a small laugh.
"Why is it so hard to talk to you?" What does he mean by that? "What I mean is. I uh, ugh. Um.... never mind." His face was burning red. "Uh- let's get going." He grabbed my hand and dragged me to his house in the rain.