Faith In Promises

It's Mr. Martin, with Pastor Jacob. Pastor Jacob is actually my step uncle. He's used to me coming here everyday. I've been coming here ever since my parents were admitted into the hospital. He checks on them regularly and knows what's been going on.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" Mr. Martin stands surprised why I'm here. Pastor Jacob touches his shoulder.
"She's been coming here at this hour for quite some time. Jean, would you like to talk about it with me in my office?"
"Talk about what? Hold on a minute. What do you mean she's been coming here often late at night? Jean, what is going on?" I stand up.
"Mr. Martin, I'm sorry, but I have to quit the musical."
"What? Why? What happened?"
"Mr. Martin, I don't want to talk about it right now."
"No, we must talk about this now. I may be your teacher, but I wanted to apply as the second pastor here. I want to help." Pastor Jacob spins Mr. Martin around.
"Caleb, I know you want to help, but I'm not sure she's comfortable talking to both of us. I'll meet you at home, alright?" Mr. Martin let out a sorrowful sigh.
"Alright then." Then he walked out of the door.

As I stand in confusion of everything, Pastor Jacob turns the lights on. We both sit down in the pews. 
"So, I guess my cousin is directing the musical again. Not that it's any surprise." Wait, they're cousins? So, that would make Mr. Martin related to me? Well, I never got to meet any of my other relatives, except the ones that kicked me out of my own house and Pastor Jacob. I should call him Uncle Jacob, but it's kind of a habit.

"I've been living in his house, because of what happened last year." That's right, someone set his house on fire. "Anyway Jean, what happened? Were you outside? You're all wet."
"Aunt Bailey bought the house out of my parents and kicked me out. My parents still have no clue who I am, so they wouldn't miss me. They are scared of me for some reason and the doctors can't explain it." I couldn't control my fists from clenching. "I'm mainly just confused of how this can happen. I always know He has a plan, but I just don't understand."
"Our Lord works in mysterious ways. We just need to have faith in his promises. We need to trust in his word." I know, but it's hard sometimes. My vision was becoming blurry and I felt my eyes watering. I feel Uncle Jacob hugging me tightly. "You call me out upon the waters. The great unknown, where feet may fail. And there I find you in the mystery. In oceans deep. My faith will stand."

He was singing Oceans, a song that I sang for church and this song always reminds me of God's promises. What about other promises.
I could tell he was struggling to sing it. His voice sounded like he was crying too. It's understandable. I start to sing with him.

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters. Wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder. And my faith would be made stronger. In the presence of my savior."

Author's Note: I love this song so much. This is just a note. More chapters on the way.