Really

I really don't want to be here, but I don't really have a choice. School is very important to my parents and they would want me to be going.

As we walk down the hallway, I can tell by the silence that Danny is uncomfortable. I would be too if I was in his shoes.

We walked into our first class, Mr. Martin takes one look at me and runs.
"Jean!!! I heard what happened to your parents!! Why are you at school?!! You should be with them in this family crisis!!" He's freaking out so much, his face is turning red.
"Mr. Martin,....please calm down..." He takes one breath and continues.
"You don't need to hide your feelings, you must be hurting so much on the inside. You are very dedicated to acting, but acting involves feeling." And now he's crying. Come on!

"Mr. Martin, I'm fine. My parents are just in the hospital. I'm going to go see them after school, and I'm not going to miss the second day of school."
"You brave, poor, unfortunate soul." He's drying his tears, he is legit crying.
What is wrong with this teacher?

I back away slowly and accidentally bumped into my desk and fall on my back. Danny holds his hand out to me to help me up. I take his hand and he pulled me up. I immediately sit down in my desk, and lower my head. I can feel Danny petting my head.
"What are you doing?" He immediately puts his hand down and gives me a joking smile.  
"Nothing."

Class continues on, Mr. Martin just talked about the stage positions, stage left, stage right, center stage, down stage, up stage, up stage right, up stage left, down stage right, down stage left, up center stage, down center stage, center stage left, and center stage right.

The day goes on, I don't talk, talking just makes things worse. Danny and I go to the cafeteria for lunch.
"There's no tables left to sit at. Guess we'll have to sit on the floor." Danny sits against the wall and starts eating. I sit down and open my bagged lunch.

I see a pair of worn out sneakers walk in front of me. Not him, of all people to walk up to me it had to be him. Laughter was right behind him. He wore the same ripped jeans as yesterday, his leather jacket was wrapped around his waist. I don't dare say a word or even look at him. I just continue to eat, trying to ignore him. But I feel his eyes just piercing through me in silence. This uncomfortable state lasts throughout all of lunch.

The lunch bell rings. Me and Danny stand up and try to walk away from the group of three people staring at us. I walk down the stairs and I trip, my face flat on the ground.
"Jean!" Danny bends down to try to help me up.
"Well, well." I hear a smirking voice behind him. It's Tyler again. "Looks like Drama Danny wants to be Dead Danny."
"Why would I be called 'Dead Danny?'"
"Because Jean is Jinxed, if you keep hanging out with her you're going to get killed by her own bad luck."
"What is wrong with you? Grow up, this is High School. You know there's no such thing as curses or luck. Besides if you really believe that why have you been following us?" He pushes Danny away and grabs my backpack and lifts me in the air. My feet dangle from the ground.
"Put me down!"
"You would do the same to me if our positions were reversed." His voice was calm but angry.

"She would not! Quit acting like a child! Why do you keep harassing her? What did she ever do to you?!"
"She has never looked me in the eyes. I find it disrespectful." Are you kidding me? What the heck is wrong with everyone at this school?
"You're joking, right?"
"Does it look like it?"
"If I look you in the eyes, you'll stop harassing us?"
"Maybe." By his voice I could tell he was smirking.

I look at his face. His hair obviously had dark blue dyes and mint green highlights. His eyes were mainly covered by his hair, but his green eyes pierce through.
"Now would you put me down, please?"
"You know, this is the first time I got to see your face. You always face your head down."
"Say what now? Okay, I'm done with this. Put me down now!" He puts me down and I just run to class. I hear Danny running behind me calling my name.