Twelve: Engaged

**Gasps in surprise. Did you see that coming? Did you? (; How romantic. This book is coming to an end. ♡ I've enjoyed creating and thinking this book out as I go. Thank you so so much for reading this. Please share it and enjoy this chapter, xx**

POV: Airia
I'm 23 and I'm engaged to Derick Léon Gray, I'm really..... I'm in love. We're still on our island paradise, Derick carried me to bed after dinner and driving us to our beach home.
I'm in a white maxi dress as Derick is on the laptop, sitting by the marble kitchen counter. We skipped breakfast for groceries sake, I glance at the diamond ring on my finger as I slide next to him on a bar stool. He kisses my head.

"Hi beautiful" He greets, I grin, softly biting my lip. I feel sore still from two nights ago when we made love. It's hard to keep our hands off each other sometimes, but we manage to. We manage a lot of things.

"Hi" I lay my head on his shoulder, watching him writing and typing more. I run my finger over my ring, he pauses and watches me.

"So beautiful" I tell him softly. He smiles, then reaches to hold my hands and scrolls on his laptop. I look at our hands, how locked together they are and smile. We're so in love. There's silence. A lump forms in my throat.

Is this real? Do I deserve this?

I start to sob quietly but he can hear me. I feel his hand run down my back. He has the laptop closed and his full attention on me.

"Airia.. What's the matter?" He asks, he lifts my chin up, wiping a tear away. I hiccup before speaking.

"I just.. I feel so happy Derick. I don't know if I even deserve this..." I cry.

Derick gives me a soft kiss. "Of course you do. You deserve pure happiness and love. My job as your husband to be is to give you those things, and much more."

I put my little delicate hand on his cheek. "I love you Derick" He grins his sexy grin, I bite my lip kissing him deeply and one more time before pulling away.

We sit on the sofa hand in hand watching a culinary show, I yawn softly, it's only 2:13 p.m.

"Derick? I um... I want to tell my family now.. About us being engaged. I want to tell them everything."

He strokes my hand, listening, then he strokes my ring. He clears his throat, turning down the tv slightly. "They should know, I agree." He pushes his hair back through his fingers. I take a deep breath, and reach for my phone off of the coffee table. I call my mom's number, waiting patiently for her to answer.
After a few rings, she answers. "Airia? Hi sweetheart" She says calmly.

"Hola momma" I tell her, my Spanish accent kicks in as I slide some hair behind my eyes. I glance at Derick nervously, he gives me a quiet kiss.

"Where's Dad?" I ask, trying to sound as calm as possible. Her tone slightly changes as she answers. "He's out in the backyard, grilling kabobs." There's a pause on the line, I glance at Derick again and he nods encouraging me.

"Airia. Is everything alright?" She asks. I clear my throat.

"Mom... I want to talk to you and Dad together." I can feel my breathing speed up, and I try to calm it down. Derick rubs my back softly, kissing my cheek.

"Okay." She says, I can hear her talking to my dad, and I hear him walking to the phone. "My butterfly, is everything alright?" He asks, just like mom.
I feel Derick's chuckle, giving me relief. I give him an okay, I hand Derick the phone. Resting on his chest now.

"Hello Landry" He says, sounding so formal. They're on speaker now, I can hear my dad clear his throat.
"Derick? How are you?" He asks. I play with my earring as they talk.

"Very well sir. I heard you're cooking it up over there. Airia and I called with great news."
There's a pause.

"I know about her graduating and her straight A's."
He assumes. Derick bites his lip, looking down at me.

"Go on" Says my mother, interrupting my father. My heart starts to race again.
I sit up to speak to them.

"Um... Mom, dad... Derick and I are getting married." I say slowly

I bite my lip and Derick kisses my head. My mom screams excitedly and my father claps his hands with joy. I laugh nervously.

My parents are happy? This is all like a dream. But I know it's real

"Mr and Mrs. Moore, respectfully, I would love to ask you if, I gained your blessings to marry your daughter" He says. I grip his hand, happier than ever.

"Of course" He finally says after a long pause. My mom screams again, I can hear her crying now. My dad continues.

"Son, I've been knowing you and Airia wouldn't stay apart for long. Both of are, are truly in love." Derick nods, I nuzzle my face in his chest happily.

"I'm truly grateful, thank you for such a beautiful daughter that you both have given to me. It's the best gift, I have in my life." Derick gives me a kiss softly.

We hang up after some more crying and reconnection and sit in silence. Derick places the phone next to him by a lamp stand. I grab it and hand it back to him. "Time for your family" I tell him. He breaths deeply, and nods.
Derick's mother and father were emotional as well but ecstatic and overwhelmed. They said they knew it was coming sometime soon. Just like my parents.

But not me. ♡