Four: Radiance

POV: Airia

Spring, a season in LA that makes you remember how beautiful our world is. The flowers are open and saturated with colors, tourists fly in like bees looking for pollen. 9:12 a.m. Sunday, after Derick left, I realized I haven't bothered to text Peona or Amena. They haven't bothered to either, I rise from my queen size white bed and reach for my phone. No messages from them both, but one from Derick:

"Good morning, coffee @ 10:30?" - 9:17 a.m. I smile and tap away to his text.

"Morning, I could use come some. How about the one by Beachfront street?" - 9:19 a.m.

My phone shows that he's seen it and is typing. I get up and walk to sit by my window, pushing my now waves back. He replies:

"I like the sound of that, see you there"- 9:20 a.m.

I set my phone down and look out the window, the warmth of it as I touch it with my hand is soothing. I smile as the nature outside smiles back at me, welcoming springtime.
My computer on my modern deep blue desk shows that I have an e-mail.
I pop up and rush over to check, my incense spray mists the smell of hibiscus in my room.

"Hello Airia, Professor Yield here, I graded your essay. Very strong and secure. I'm impressed. 100, well done. See you on Tuesday for session 7" .
I smile and close the e-mail, my good friend Jay messages me as well:

"Hey beautiful, saw you at the party the other day. Why'd you leave early?"-8:18 a.m.

I type away as my phone rings, the caller I.D. says 'Pe' (Peona). I swipe to answer, "Pe?"

"Airia! Hey love, how are you?" I hold my phone by the shoulder and type to Jay's message.

"I'm been good, how did the party go? Amena's tweets sure are interesting" I hear pots clang together in the background.

"You left early? Why?"

She asks, I don't answer right away as I focus on the e-mail:

"Jay! I left because I got tired. We should hang out sometime if, you're still in town. I miss you" - Sent 9:40 a.m.

I realize what time it is, and answer Peona's question, "I left because I had an assignment to turn in" . I usually don't lie but, I don't want to tell Pe what's really going on.

"Hey I gotta run, I'll text you" I hear more pots in the background. "Okay! See you babes!"

I make it to the coffee shop at 10:05, I have on a floral sundress, sandals and sunglasses. I spot Derick, in a baby blue v-neck shirt, black raybans that fit his sharp face features.
He turns in his stool and grinds, standing up to meet me. "Hi"
He says in his husky deep voice, wrapping his arms around my torso and hugs me.

"It's beautiful out... How are you"

I say as we release each other and have a seat. He puts his arm over his shoulder and on his back, his muscles show their toned, bulky lines. I try to look away before he catches me glancing at them.