Three: More?

POV: Derick

Have you ever just, wanted that person that is so good to you... And you don't care what anyone thinks? That's my situation. I don't care if it takes, having to sacrifice, I'll do it.

I check the perimeter of her apartment for an all clear, fixing my button up shirt some. It's all clear, I take her key and unlock the door. It may be weird, but it's all in the matter of safety.
I'm alarmed by the sound of someone, throwing up it sounds like and cussing: Her. I swiftly walk through her room quietly, and to her bathroom as instead of it being bright, it's dark as night.

"Fucking hate this"

She slurs, she's only wearing a tank top and spandex shorts. Her hair is still curly but held back by her delicate hands. "It's Derick I say with a soft knock against the door.
I hold her hair for her, patting her back gently as she spits up more, coughing and cursing in between. She pauses, panting with sweat droplets.

"I don't want you to see me like this..." She murmurs, covering herself with an arm. I watch her, "I want to help you."
"Let me" I say. She hesitates to move her arm away, not speaking. She grabs her toothbrush and paste and goes at it. She pauses, then nods.

11:12 a.m. Saturday. I finish scrambling eggs, sprinkling pepper only, just like she likes it. The last thing done for her breakfast, I hear her feet on the hard floor, yawning. I hand her her plate and coffee.

"Two pieces of toast how you em' , sliced bananas, strawberries and mango slightly coated with sugar. Eggs, bacon and vanilla coffee. Sweetened"

I explain. She looks up in awe, her smile perfect and white. "Thank you" She says shyly, eating her meal, I sit next to her in a white wooden chair. "I thought you might need something" I say, referring to the hangover. I can see her skin's radiance coming back already. She takes a forkful of eggs, and pops them in her mouth.

"As far as last night, I'm sorry about it" She says after swallowing them down.

"Did I, cause any trouble?" I look at her, and chuckle softly

"No, not at all" I reply, pushing my hair back, I smile at her as she nods, shoveling more food in her and mmming in between. She takes a few sips of coffee.

"Did anything... Happen?"

She asks, I clear my throat. "No. Nothing happened" She pushes her curls back, and clears her throat. "Good"

I look down at the floor and glance at her, did she want something to happen? I'm not sure what she wants... The question floats in my head, then to my mouth but I don't bother to ask. She gets up with her plate, walking to the sink to clean up. There's a long pause.

"Do you remember senior prom?"

She asks as the dishes cling against each other in the soapy water. I lock my phone, "I do" , I think about her white dress again, how I asked her and the flowers I gave her. She had them in her room for weeks, beautiful white roses.

"Remember the lake?" She continues,

"The clear springs lake" I say.

She chuckles, walking back to join me at the table. I think about the question again, and decide to ask.
"Airia" I say, "What I'm not sure what you want", pushing my hair back again.

"What do you mean" She murmurs. I huff through my nose, "You know what I mean" I reply, serious.

She sighs, playing with some napkins. She stops and looks at me,

"Clearly we're not hormonal teenagers anymore Derick. I've had my dreams for such a long time, they come first"

I listen to her talk and the sun's rays spread everywhere in her apartment.

I shake my head, "That's not answering my question" I cross my arms and sit back in my chair. "I.. don't know what I want Derick"

I scoff and she frowns, "You've been so focused on yourself!" I spat.
She frowns deeper, then points her finger.
"You know how much my dreams mean to me!"

I sit up in my chair as my anger grows, "You know how much I loved you!!" I yell back. She slams her hand on the table

"I just needed time dammit!".
I close my eyes right and clench my teeth together

"Bullshit" I say through them. She opens her her mouth a little in shock, gets up and leaves me from the table

"You're so impatient!" She shouts. I rush after her, following her from behind

"6 years is impatient? You're making dumbass excuses now Airia."

She whips around, almost making me run into her.
"Go away" she says. I shake my head again,
"NO" The urgency grew inside me

Kiss her damnit. What are you waiting for?.

I pull her to me, feeling the warmth from her temper. She fights with me, hitting me on the chest with her fists balled up. But it does nothing to me, "Let go of me! Let go of me!"

She yells. I ignore her anger

"You can't right fight the truth! You love me!" I shout at her, and I pull my lips against her's before she can scream at me anymore. The love in our kiss, was back like time never changed us.

She freezes her arms from hitting me again, and puts her hands on my chest, I pull away slowly. Her soft glow from her face, so beautiful and refreshing to see.

Her expression is surprised but pleased a little, she clears her throat. There's a pause, my mind alarms me that I have work today at 2:00 p.m. , I glance at my watch 1:39 p.m. She watches my gaze. "Um. I have work" I tell her, I forget I'm holding her still and she nods.

I release her.

She follows me to the door in silence, "Call me" She says softly, I turn around an inch away from the doorway. I grin, "About the kiss Derick..." ,

"It's okay" I interrupt. Pushing my hair back, I give her a hug and wave good-bye.