Nine: Paradise

POV: Airia
Weeks after Edgar proposed to Melona, (who asked me to be a bridesmaid) , Derick and I are setting off to Puerto Rico today. I'm practically living with him, BUT just we haven't fully established it yet. He's on the phone as I finish packing my things in my apartment. Our plane will be ready when we're ready, we plan on being in the air by 4:30 p.m. It's June, I passed all of my courses with A's and now I'm enjoying by summer as a now graduated, soon to be professional dancer. (No, not the ones in strip clubs)

It's 3:11 p.m. and Derick hangs up the phone after saying:
"Thank you Seth"

I finish curling my hair and unplug the curler. Derick comes in the bathroom behind me, squeezing my butt.

"You're ready. So beautiful." He stares at my reflection through the mirror.

3:27 p.m. we're on the road to the airport that's 20 minutes away, in his truck.

"Where exactly are we going in Puerto Rico?." I ask. He smiles, turning up the ac and stops at a light.

"That's a surprise baby" He says, I bite my lip and smile and the light flashes green. He just loves to surprise me, I wouldn't care if he wasn't rich, I'd still be in love with him.
I remember the time in math class 7th grade where he gave me a paper note and got caught with it. I stayed after school with him during detention.
He pressed on the gas pedal, I see the airport road sign and he turns to the right lane and turns. We make it by 3:43, I look around in awe, Derick and I are the only ones here. We walk to the front desk to a blonde blue eyed guy in a cap and uniform.

"Welcome Derick" He says, he looks at me

"And Airia, welcome. Pleased to meet you"

I smile as Derick hands him our tickets. He has his hand on my around on my bio, two big gentlemen take our bags.

The plane is magnificent as the door slides open.

"This is my plane. Relax" He says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.
My mind is just about ready to blow now. But I relax as like said.

"This is so.... So much" I say, he takes my hand, leading me up the stairs and inside.

"Enjoy your flight" Another guy in uniform says. I nod. 4:15 p.m. we take a seat next to a window, the interior is gorgeous, cream and neutral browns. I lay my head on his shoulder as the plane warms up slowly.

"Sleepy?" He asks, taking a sip of water. I nod, he kisses my forehead and holds my hand. I drift off to soundless sleep.

I open my eyes knowing we're still in the air, Derick's asleep as I look up at him. The assistant walks by, a brown haired bob style female.

"What time is it?" I ask her, she stops her tracks and looks at me with a mean expression on her face. Her thin eyebrows arch to my question, nearly making me flinch in my seat. I catch her glancing at Derick, and she looks back at me smiling now, I feel slightly offened.

"9:23 p.m. ma'am." She tells me nicely, she has a British accent.

"Would you like anything?" I think. I bite my lip a little. "Cheese blocks please and crackers. Also a bottle of Ciroc." I ask her.