Four: Radiance (Continued)

POV: Airia

Jay's arms aren't as big as Derick's but he's still massive compared to my size. Jay has never stepped out of the best guy friend zone with me. He's a gentleman, and very respectful but doesn't take bullshit, which causes most people to respect him more.

His house is breath-taking, people could live in here after a party.
I reach for my phone and mute Derick's number then slide it back on the coffee table that's glass and has a rock to hold it for support.

"Want to get in some water?"

He asks, pulling me up and leading me to the fresh, blue water that has two Jacuzzis, showers and stalls, huge palm trees and lounging chairs. Absolute paradise, I smile at him and nod,

"Meet you back here?" He says,

he shows me to a guest bedroom with green and white interior. A large queen size bed and large windows with drapey white curtains. I smile, he leaves me be, setting my bed by the window.

I walk out and see Jay sitting by the pool, with dark shades on and white swimming trunks. His toned back and big broad shoulders are facing me, I set my towel on a chair and keep my see-through white lace cover up on.
The wind gives cool refreshing breezes, and the sound of the palm trees moving is so relaxing. I join Jay, dipping my toes in the water, it's cool and beautiful blue color. "It's freshwater" He says, he puts his shades down and hands me a drink with a pineapple garnish.

"Thank you"

I take a few sips and set it down. "You really outdid yourself with all of this" I say, he chuckles and sips on some beer. I smile taking another few sips of my drink, I'm ready for the pool as I slide off my cover-up and catch him staring before diving in.

POV:Peona

I look over at him, biting my lip, smiling. Blake, my new sunshine who I met at the party has made me feel so special since. He's tall, 25 and loves to cook and have a great time. "I love this" I say, showing him with my hands his room.

I scoot closer to him, giving him a kiss. "I love that you love it" He says back, his voice is deep and attractive. We hear an urgent knock on the door, and we pause our session. "I'll be back"

He says fixing his pants and slips back on his shirt over his bulky torso. I groan and lay back, he smiles leaving and opening the door. I can hear his conversation with who sounds like...Derick? Airia's old love.

"Hey, excuse me man, is Peona here? I need to ask her something"

"Oh yeah? What's it about?"

"Um, I'm looking for Airia, her friend and I thought she may know where she is"

Airia? Why does he want to know where Airia is? Something's going on, I can feel it. I put back on my shirt leaving my bra on the floor. "Babe" he calls for me, I walk to join him at the door, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Come inside" I tell him, it's time to get to the bottom of this.
Airia has been so odd lately, she can't hide things from me forever. I hold Blake's hand and we guide him to the living room and sit.

"So.... Do you know where-" I hold my free hand up in front of me,

"Woah woah woah, hold your horses. I should be the one asking the questions"

Blake raises his eyebrows and so does Derick. He sits back and settles. "Airia has been acting.. Weird, mind telling me what's going on?"

I cross my arms and Blake puts his arm around me. "Peona... I'm in love with her again. I hurt her and I need to make up for my mistake. I know she still loves me" He explains, pushing his hair back.

I look at Blake nervously and he looks at me, he clears his throat, I look back at Derick, curling his lips in.

"I don't know where.."

My voice trails off, I was about to lie for her protection of being upset all over again. But I do wanna help him, I sigh deeply. I know she'll hate me for this later, but I believe he truly does love her.

"She's at Jay Steele's place" I confess, his veins start to come out, annnnd he's pissed.

His eyes squeeze shut for a moment, his breathing speeds up. "Thank you" He says calmly, he gets up and zooms out of the driveway.