One: Familiar

From the author:
♡*Hello unfamiliar faces of the planet. This is my book Time Lapse, I hope you guys enjoy. Please share. And vote! ♡*

     Life cannot be more perfect for me as it is right now, I have friends who inspire me, I'm working on college classes and have my own possessions. What more do I need? Graduating and jumping right into my own interesting adult lifestlye.. I mean.. It's a lot, trust me.

I sit focused on the red street light with one hand on the steering wheel of my fresh, white Porsche SUV. The gift I received from my parents after my freshman year of college. I take a look to my right at a man who's on his phone, in his black-on- black camero. He turns and looks at me, then back on his phone.

The light flashes green and I press on the gas to 50, it's a beautiful day in LA California as usual. I'm meeting up with my two close friends to talk about going to a party tonight at Panera bread.

I hop out, and lock my car and walk across the parking lot to meet the girls. "Sup cuties" I say as I take a seat in the third chair of our circle.

Peona pushes back her curled bouncy locks. "Hello gorgeous" . Amena smiles as her phone lights up again. She unlocks it right away and scans,

"Alright, so the party is hosted by two twin brothers. Derick and his brother Edgar" Amena explains as she reads a tweet.

"It's supposed to be off the hook, EVERYONE is going" Peona adds. I take a sip of my tea I ordered in thought, biting my straw.

"We can maybe meet at the mall at 5:00 sharp, it's 2:47 right now, and meet at a restaurant near the party around 8:00?" I suggest. Peona and Amena look at each other, I watch them exchange glances.

"Okay" They say at the same time, and at that we leave our spot for the big night.
As I'm driving to my one stored temporary apartment, the names Amena said at the table really do ring a bell. I just don't know why. "Weird" I tell myself as I unlock my door and walk in to my spacious, big paradise. The floral scent from my melting waxes hit me. I decorated my apartment with greens, blues, and other calm colors.

I killed time by finishing my 5 page essay for Literature and homework assigned by my professor online. I text Peona letting her know that I'm on my way to the mall.

I spent a good 100$ on a dress with shoes, and earrings. I didn't show them what I'm wearing, because it's a surprise. *wink*
I wave the girls bye as I make my way back home, knowing the traffic will be hell tonight. It's Friday, EVERYONE will be out tonight, especially to this party.

7:39 p.m. and I'm on the road to the Mexican restaurant not too far from the party. Amena's already parked in the lot, and Peona is on her way. I stop at a light with my GPS guiding me. I look in the mirror and fix my eyelash on my right eye. "In 400 feet, turn right on Pendot road" My GPS says. I turn and pull into the lot of the restaurant, parking next to Amena.

"Oh my, look at you, flawless" Amena says in awe. I chuckle, "Thank you sweets, but look at you. Talk about smokin' " I reply back. We giggle and spot Peona pulling in. That's our cue, to start the night.

As we're down the road from the event, I had a mind of the party, and now it's fading the closer we get to it. What is this? I think we have the wrong address, or maybe this was a spam and not really true. I see a man in a uniform guiding us with his arm with a smile as I curve through the entrance. The house of the party is exquisite, huge and beautiful, not at all as I pictured it to be. No frat house, or people on the side in the grass throwing up or making out uncontrollably. A car escort stands in front of entrance, I slow down to a stop and he guides me out by a hand formally.

"Welcome ma'am" He tells me with a white smile, I smile back nervously, "A white Porsche? Beautiful, it will be our pleasure to take excellent care of it for you tonight"

He continues. I nod, handing him the keys, "Thank you" I reply as I spot Peona and Amena. Inside, people and the atmosphere was just like a party. But, not crazy or carnival-like, like in the Great Gatsby or anything. It's controlled and enjoyable for anyone, the stairs look endless, and the bar is full to the max. "Amazing" Peona says. "Anyone getting drunk?" I ask playfully, we slowly join the dancing mob of college individuals. Females wearing dresses, and guys in button up shirts, ties, dress shoes, etc.

"Most likely" Amena answers, we chuckle.

We order drinks, as I tip the charming, light skin bartender who's name is Tyson. Very sweet and flirtatious, "Appreciate that, you have a great night"

He tells me with a wink as I'm turning away. I blush slightly as we make our way to a lounging area and sit.

"He's certainly got his eyes on you" Teases Peona. I shush her and laugh, he was a cutie I can't lie and very built. I take a sip of my strawberry margarita, Amena has her eyes locked in with Tyson. I chuckle to myself, "Meet you girls back here?" I ask, Peona looks at me. "Mmaybe.." Peona teases.

Alone now, I relax as the girls leave. The hosts of the party come down the stairs with their hands up with peace signs. Twins, that look almost identical, my dress is mid-length and almost drapes to the floor. My black heels hit the marble floor, making my way upstairs. The air is much more calm up here, I sip my drink and relax in a chair watching the party down below.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I hear a voice, deep behind me. I look down and turn around slowly in my seat, a tall male figure sits next to me with a beer in his hand. I turn back around, playing with my straw, "Yes it is, it's big" I reply cool and relaxed. He looks at me and we make eye contact, "Bruce, Bruce Alstein" He says after a pause.

With hesitation I shake his hand, "Airia Moore" I tell him. I look up and see a figure in the shadows, male but I couldn't see who it was. I focus back on Bruce who was swirling his drink. "Airia... Beautiful name. Are you single Airia?" He asks, I scoff to myself. I know where this is going, I slightly frown in disappointment. I slide out my phone from my clutch, and put it back. "I have to go" I say, cutting off whatever "goals" he was trying to achieve.

"Why?" He asks, getting up from his chair as I was.

I don't have time for this, clearly I can read him: Immature, cocky and a man-whore. I start walking until he blocks my path, "I guess you're scared to let loose" He spots with a smile.

"Actually... Its called having standards, unfortunately... You're way at the bottom of mine"

I reply with confidence. I give him a fake smile and push past him, almost spilling his drink. He grabs my arm and chuckle a deep creepy chuckle, "Come on goddammit, no need to be such a pest" .

We're close enough now to where I can smell the bitter beer from his breath. I glare at him deeply as he squeezes his grip, "Let go of m-" A hand latches on to his back and swings him back, his drink spills. "I'd suggest you leave, before you end up not being able to motherfucker" I recognize the twin, who's one of the hosts right away. The face, I remember years ago that I've tried to forget...