ten- the truth about jeon jungkook (part 1.)

DID YOU MISS ME???

this chapter is sorta angsty and sad so i apologize in advance

also this chapter is in third person's pov

--

jungkook lowered his head as he walked out of the school building. it was more like a place for jungkook to forget about his worries. no one bothered him or cared to talk to him, well anyone of the opposite sex. opposed to cookie, an interesting female that had jungkook smiling without knowing.

cookie was a very pretty girl and jungkook wondered what made her even consider talking or befriending him in the first place, much less fake adopting him; it made his heart clench and somersault at that. jungkook was weird, he was too skinny, had too much fat in his face and his front teeth poked out of his mouth. he kicked a stray rock out of anger, watching it roll onto the property he was walking by. jungkook wondered if all foreigners were as nice and pretty as cookie or if she was the only one.

he stopped for a moment, backpack weighing heavily on his back and sat on a nearby bench. he stared out into traffic, watching cars, buses and the random pedestrians pass through it. leaning back onto the bench, he looked up at the sky admiring the blue hue of it.

he wonders what lies beyond the sky and clouds; beyond space and the universe. is there really a God out there? jungkook finds himself asking that question a lot. he stands up from the bench and begins to walk to his destination, purposely slowing down, seeing as he never wanted to be there in the first place. he can't control that fact, but if he could, he'd go some-where far, far away. somewhere he could start over, but what could a 15-year-old do? where could someone his age go?

jungkook looks up briefly from the ground and at his surroundings. the area is familiar and by looking at the sky's changing colors--he is terribly late. that makes him fasten his pace, remembering the last time he was late, he winces as drags his worn sneakers along the cement.

after a few minutes, jungkook reaches his destination, wheezing. he pulls out his inhaler, shaking it and places the opening at his mouth, pumping a few times. when his lungs open back up, he breathes out in relief, opening the tall gates.

he passes by the sign that haunted him his whole entire life, smiling fakely at the young children that greeted him, happily. they're so innocent, so naïve and jungkook wishes he had their mindset. he looks back at the sign one more time, a frown appearing.

miss. hong's foster home for wayward children.

***

september 1, 1999
jeon jungook, age: 2

he grunts, chubby hands reaching out for the marker. when he finishes the drawing, he smiles triumphantly, looking around for his mommy to show his accomplishment. he spots her and lets out a 'mommy!', showing her the picture.

her smile is weak, eyes watery. as if sensing her mood, a frown overtakes his small face and he reaches out to her, waiting to be picked up. instead of picking him up, she falls to her knees in front of him, pulling him into a tight hug that has him patting her head in a way to comfort her as she sobs. it's so sudden and he doesn't know why his mommy is so sad.

is it because she didn't like his drawing? he frowns, eyes tearing up. if she didn't want him to color, he'd never draw again. if it would make her happy again.

her sobs grow louder when the front door opens harshly, it startles jungkook so he begins to sob when men with uniforms and guns file in yelling loudly. he is ripped away from his mother, so he sobs even louder.

"jeon jinsee, you're under arrest for the murder of jeon jungseo. you have the right to remain silent..." the officer reads her, her rights and handcuffs her, taking her out of her house.

there's a strange man holding jungkook and he's scared, he doesn't know what's happening.

"shh, little one, you're safe now." the man whispers, rocking the toddler back and forth. he's carried out of the house, blinded by the flashing red and blue lights. the man that's carrying him won't let him look around to see where his mother is.

the bad part about it was the fact that it was only his second birthday.

+

sorry for the short chapter and not updating in forever

school 😩, amirite or amirite?

if you noticed there will be a part 2 tp this chapter, but i will do like i said in the last chapter and continue where i left off there

so if you cried, i am sorry for doing that to you

i will make it up by taking a poll on who would catch cookie and yoongi in their act:

-jimin

-taehyung

-jungkook

whoever gets the most votes i will choose so vote on poll (and the chapter) !!

peace, love, and chicken grease