seven- lil kookie

double update bc fetus kookie is my fav kookie and bc it's black out day !!

remember to appreciate your melanin :-)

-

a lot of people seemed to be in detention today. not that i'm complaining because now i know that i'm not the only one. i handed the man-lady, who's name plate said xi luhan, my pink slip. he gave me a surprised look and i rolled my eyes, facing the desks, so i could pick out a seat. the room grew quieter as i tried to decide where to sit.

i found one near an innocent-seeming person and sat beside them. i took out my phone, hearing people start to talk again. i rolled my eyes when i heard them talking about me. wow, i must be really infamously famous now.

"yah, jungkook-ssi! be careful, i heard the girl you're sitting next to beat up min yushi and then told off yoongi." someone told the boy that i happened to sit next to. i rolled my eyes again. it's not like i'm gonna pick a fight with an innocent person, unless they pick one with me. i take out my ear buds from my book bag, tired of this gossip. i hear him start to reply, but i plug them in and, gladly, submerse myself in a musicverse, ignoring what he could've said.

before i knew it, i fell asleep, annoyed at the world around me. this must be how cauliflower feels.

i don't know how he does it.

***

i woke up to someone shaking me. i have no idea who the hell they are, but they might be catching these hands in a few seconds. i look up to see dark eyes looking at me intensely. if i weren't so annoyed right now, i might have shivered a bit.

i sit up in my seat, looking at the person who woke me up. it was the boy who was sitting beside me, listening to the gossip and shit. i honestly felt bad for the kid because he was skinny like does he even eat?

he had bags under his eyes, his black bangs almost covered his eyebrows. his skin was darker than cauliflower's, but still lighter than mine. his lips were a pale pink and slightly chapped. his clothes hung off of his body and looked way bigger than expected. his fingers had bruises on them. i kinda felt like taking him home and keeping him forever.

"so," he started speaking, voice light and slightly scared. when he spoke, his teeth were visible, making me see that his front teeth poked out slightly. i nearly cooed at him for being so cute. "you beat up min yushi?"

"is that all people know me by?" i grumble angrily, crossing my arms. he laughs and i smile only because it sounds so cute.

"no and the fact you told off yoongi hyung..." he trailed off, nose scrunching up on its own accord. i tilt my head. is that supposed to make me feel better?

"that doesn't make anything better." i deadpan. i mean, i feel bad for being rude, but its my personality. rude with a dash of humor and a hint of cute.

"well, he went from the most feared to the second most feared."

"he did? i guess that makes me feel a little bit better." i hum, placing my hand on my chin, leaning back in the desk. the boy giggles and leans forward, his face going serious.

"but bad things do happen to people who mess with yoongi hyung, i'll protect you though." he winks towards the end. i feel a gasp form and stop it. i feel betrayed. i thought he was innocent!

"thanks..."

"jungkook. jeon jungkook." he holds his frail, bruised hand out and i delicately take it, smiling at him.