Chapter 9

Jason Derulo - Love Hangover

Cher Lloyd ft. Becky G - Oath

"A friend is one who know you and loves you just the same" -Elbert Hubbard 

________________________________________________________________________________

- Austin's Point of View -

I stood up from my warm bed and stretched. I still couldn't believe what happened yesterday.

After Iris ran away from me I seriously started to worry. I was worried about her safety. I was worried about how I kissed her. I was worried that she would never speak to me again. But most of all, I was worried she'd never like me back.

Needless to say, I didn't know what overcame me last night.

I was incredibly touched when she opened up to me about her father. Me, unlike most people, had a similar issue. We both basically grew up without a father figure in our lives. I was even more touched when she cried on my shoulder. I completely understood how she felt.

Well, mostly understood.

I never knew my dad, but she did. I can't even imagine how much it must of hurt her when her dad left. I had no idea what it felt like to have your own father abandon you as a child when a better offer came along. It must have taken an immense amount of strength to carry on like that. To be strong enough to carry both you and your mother. To move on without a dad. To not allow yourself to cry about it. Or to even keep him out of your life, even though I could tell by her words that she wanted back.

That just made me even more attracted to her.

Who knew that was even possible after that kiss. She was beyond the best kisser I have ever known. The way her smooth lips moved with mine. How she left me breathless and wanting more. I didn't even know a kiss could hold so much passion.

The slam of the front door awakened me from my deep thoughts. My mother glided into my room and gave me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hi honey. I'm sorry about the fight we had. I know I was a little out of line so I'm going to return your laptop early." My mother held my face in her hands and smiled at me.

I sighed and raked my fingers through my unattractive pillow head in attempt to make it neater. "No mom, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of yelled." I forced a smile on my despite the sadness I still had about last night.

"It's okay, Austin. You have to get ready soon though. We are leaving in about fifteen minutes to go pick Dave up from the airport." And with that, she ruffled my hair and gently closed the door to my room.

I was glad Dave was coming home. If anybody could cheer me up right now, it would be him.

I quickly showered and brushed my teeth. I didn't really have much of an appetite at the moment so I ditched the thought of breakfast. Not really caring about my appearance, I threw on a plain black tee, some white basketball shorts, and my black sandals. I wore my infamous black beanie to cover up my messy hair.

I grabbed my phone, sprayed on some cologne, and left the condo building with my mom. I hopped into her car and quickly turned up the radio to avoid speaking. She flashed me one of her concerned motherly looks, but I ignored it and scrolled through twitter.

A sudden thought struck my head.

Iris probably has a twitter too! I searched her name and she enough, there was her twitter. Her profile picture looked like it was taken professionally. Her header was a picture of her and a cluster of fans holding up homemade fan posters.

How come I never heard about her before? I quickly googled her name and clicked on the first article I saw about her.

Just as I was about to read, my phone died. I started at the black screen in disbelief.

God Damn it. I must of forgotten to charge it last night. I wasn't surprised, I don't even remember what happened after Iris texted me back.

"Austin we're here." My mom parked the car and got out. I angrily sighed and leaped out of the car. I slammed the passenger side door. She glared at me and started walking to the direction of where Dave was flying in.

I followed her and I spotted Dave. I instantly felt a lot better. Dave was like an older brother to me. I guess I never realized how much I missed him.

"Aaaaaye DAVID!" I shouted causing him to look up from his phone. "Hey buddy!" I jumped on his back and hugged him. My mother and Dave both laughed. "What's up with you, Austin?" Dave turned his head around to look at since I was still on his back. I shrugged. "Not much."

"Can we get some food? That flight was long and I need some food!" Dave pried me from his back and looked at my mom. She nodded. "What are you in the mood for?"

"OLIVE GARDEN!" We both shouted at the same time. I bumped fists with him. This dude knows me too well. Lunch with my favorite bro at my favorite restaurant was sure to help me forget about last night. But there is no doubt that Iris won't be leaving my mind anytime soon. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Just a quick update for you(: Sorry it wasn't too eventful, it is kinda a filler chapter. Tomorrow's will be better and longer, this is just me keeping my promise(: Stay beautiful