Chapter 3

Brittany Spears - Dear Diary

Fergie - Clumsy

"Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks" -Isaac Watts 

________________________________________________________________________________

- Iris's Point Of View -

It was all dark.

Then slowly I started to see something.

It was just a fuzzy image, but the pixels slowly became more clear. Light was flowing in from all the corners of my eyes and I began to make out a shape.

The first thing I felt when I woke up was the throbbing pain in the back of my head.

I groaned and and slowly sat up. My first thought was, "What the hell happened to me?"

I looked around.

I was in a room build similarly to mine leading me to the conclusion that I was in the same condo building. The walls were a green-gray color and there were random piles of clothes thrown around. Suitcase upon suitcase were piled high by the door. I was leaned up against a bed laying on the floor. The flashing TV in the corner of the room was on MTV.

I gasped when I glanced at my body.

I had cuts and scrapes all over my legs and arms. My shorts were ripped and my white shirt was so torn you could very clearly see my black bra and stomach, not to mention it was caked in mud. My sandals were okay and my feet seemed to bet the only part of my body that wasn't bruised nor scratched.

That is when I remembered what happened.

My dad calling me, someone slamming into me, and that cute boy who looked at me and tried to stop my fall. That is when I started to panic.

"What the hell, where am I?!"

My mom must be so worried. That is when I turned to the left and let out another shriek of surprise.

Right in front of me was the boy who caused me to fall down that hill. I know it was partly my fault for not paying attention to where I was headed, but I was clearly in front of him and who in their right mind would ran with their eyes closed?

He was shirt less so I could clearly see his toned stomach muscles and tan skin. He had basketball shorts on and black socks. His hair was all tousled and his hazel eyes looked into mine with an alarmed look. There was something familiar about his face but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I opened my mouth like I was going to say something and then quickly snapped it shut.

I stood up as fast as I could.

As soon as I stood up, I felt a terrible pain in my ankle and winced. I grabbed on to the nearest sturdy material, which just happened to be the boy's shoulder, to prevent me from falling.

He placed his hands on my waist to hold me up and after clearing his throat he spoke, "When you fell you must have hurt your ankle." 

 I shot away from him and gasped in pain as I tried to back away from him.

I reached the wall panting. I started to get dizzy again and the back of my head started to throb. He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

He started to walk towards me and that's when I lost it.

"STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, YOU CREEP!!!"I shrieked. "I have no idea who you are and how I ended up here, but you better explain yourself before I call the POLICE!" I yelled in a shaky voice.

"Please, don't do that, just here me out okay?" He said looking panicky. "But first let me help you." He said gently before placing his hands on my hips, keeping me balanced.

I whimpered and turned my head away from him. I had no idea if I could trust him or not.

"Do you trust me?" He asked softly. I shook my head and he sighed.

"I promise I won't hurt you, but if you keep walking on that foot things are only going to get worse, just let me carry you to the couch and let me help you with that ankle." I sighed in defeat. What choice did I have? It wasn't like I could just run away anyway.

"Do you trust me now?" I nodded and he gave me a small smile. "Okay, on the count of three I'm going to lift you up and carry you to the living room." I bit my lip and nodded. "One..........two........three!"

He grabbed my thighs and lifted me up so I was balanced on his hip. I tied one arm around his neck and the other clutched his strong bicep to keep me from falling. I inhaled deeply to catch my breath. He smelled like cinnamon and his presence made me feel calm for some reason.

He began walking to the living room.

His muscular arms wrapped around my waist keeping me on his hip.  

I could feel his heartbeat and it made me blush. How did I even get myself in this situation. I sighed deeply and the boy gave me a sympathetic smile.

He gently set me down on the couch and propped my foot on a couple of pillows. I gave him a weak smile. "I'm gonna get some ice for your ankle." He said turning around.

"Wait!" I blurted out weakly.

He turned around looking confused. "Thank you for helping me!" I said truly thankful. I sat up and gave him a quick hug.

He seemed surprised and then he slowly wrapped his arms around me. I pulled away and gave him a grateful smile that he returned. Again, there was something about his smile that tugged the back of mind.

"No problem, I'll be right back." When he got back he took off my sandal and put the ice on my swelled ankle. "That should help with the pain and the swelling." He said sitting next to me. I sat up.

"Okay, now you can explain yourself." I said.

He did just that. He explained the fight he had with his mother, how he usually ran with his eyes closed, how he didn't expect to see anyone, how he carried me here, and how he cleaned me up.

I remained quiet for a moment taking it all in.

"I am so sorry, I didn't expect to see anyone, I wasn't thinking correctly." He said looking down. I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him again. I was truly grateful for him. It would not be the best situation if my mom had to come pick me up at the hospital.

"Don't worry, I will be fine, all thanks to you, thanks again for everything and I'm sorry for freaking out on you earlier." I said quietly.

He tied his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

"Please don't go yet." He whispered. "I know you probably will say no, but do you think you could stay with me a little longer?" He pulled away and stared into my eyes.

I thought about it.

My mom must be worried sick and I don't even know this boy. Yet, something was telling me that I should stay. I just went with my gut feeling and said yes.

The look on his familiar face was priceless.

His face lit up and a huge grin spread across his face. He quickly sat up and engulfed me in a bear hug.

I giggled. Maybe this could be the beginning of a good friendship...or something more.