Chapter 8

Train - Drive By

Rihanna ft Justin Timberlake - Rehab

"Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" 

-Alfred Lord Tennyson  

________________________________________________________________________________

- Iris's Point of View -

As soon as his lips touched mine, I could feel something fall into place. I couldn't quite describe the feeling. It just felt right. I followed my intuition and I kissed him back.

Austin's warm lips moved with mine in a comfortable rhythm that caused my head to spin and my insides to weaken. My heart beat sped up to the point where I could hear the blood roar in my ears. It was almost as if we had kissed before because our lips moved in such perfect sync.

He pulled me deeper into the kiss by gently moving me to him. His hands rested comfortably on my waist. My arms rested on his shoulders as I combed through his soft hair with one hand. The other gently stroked the back of his neck. A sudden feeling lurched in my stomach causing me to pull away slightly.

Nerves.

My face was just centimeters away from his. Both our chests rose and fell as we tried to catch our breath. His glowing orbs bored into mine as we continued to catch our breath.

I didn't know how to react.

Where did this even come from? Sure, I'm not going to deny that he is cute, but how can I kiss him like that after knowing him for barely two days. Yeah, I like him, maybe more than a friend, but I need more time to prepare myself for things like this. I am not the type of girl who likes to be taken off guard. There is only one question left.

Where do we stand now?

Panic slowly creeped it's way to me and I started to worry.

I don't know how I feel about this! I don't have time for a relationship with my new lifestyle! Is this even a relationship now?

What. The. Hell. Did. I. Get. Myself. Into.

The pale moonlight glowed against Austin's face. His eyes were twinkling and his lips were parted just so. Almost as if he were about to say something, but he was too scared.

"Iris?" When he whispered it, it came out more like a question than a statement.

What am I gonna do?

I was still silent in fear of saying something stupid. I ever so slowly eased my way away from him until I there was a decent amount of space between us.

Unwanted space was more like it.

I just needed some time to think things through. But, being the idiotic girl I am, I slowly backed away from Austin. I turned away from him, jumped down from the mound, and started dashing through the sand.

I didn't even think. I was to far in panic mode to do anything but run away.

I wasn't in my right mind because the fear had taken over.

The fear of getting hurt again. The fear of being left alone when a better offer comes along. The fear of being rejected and unwanted. Some of the feelings I had been trying to keep in check for years were gradually starting to affect me again. It was because that is all I have ever known about life.

The goodbyes.

I didn't know how long I ran. I just couldn't stop. Surely, I must of passed Austin's car by now. I couldn't slow down. I was too scared. He must be seriously confused right now. I probably hurt his feelings.

Damn it. Why am I such an idiot?

The thought of him was enough to make me stop. I halted and fell in a pile of sand, breathing hard.

When I finally caught my breath and calmed down, I stood up and brushed the sand off my body.

What should I do now?

Austin is probably pissed at me. I probably hurt him a lot. Maybe I should keep my distance from him for a bit. Just until I figure out my feelings and get my head screwed on straight.

In the mean time, I'm just gonna crash at a hotel tonight. He will probably look for me at my condo. I need some time to myself to think.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my brand new iPhone. Five missed messages? How can that be? I scrolled through them and they were all from Austin.

From Austin-

"Iris! Where r u?!?!"

From Austin-

"Where did u go? Come back!"

From Austin-

"I'm sorry about the kiss, just please text me back so I can pick u up!"

From Austin-

"Please Iris! I'm worried and its late! Please just text me!"

I sighed as I read through the messages. I should at least send him a quick text so he doesn't freak out. I can just call a cab to go to the nearest hotel.

To Austin-

"Please don't worry about me. I am fine. Just go without me. I need some time to think. Please try to understand!!

Satisfied with the message, I sent it and almost instantly he replied.

From Austin-

"Okay but please just be careful. Text me soon okay?"

I replied with a quick 'yes' and then called the cab company. I walked to the side of the beach until I reached the sandy sidewalk. I got in the cab and told him to take me to downtown Miami.

The condo that Austin and I lived in was actually in Hollywood, which is only like twenty minutes away from the actual city. I choose that condo because I didn't want to live in the city.

I payed the cab driver and stepped out into the lit up atmosphere of Miami. The cars rushed by and I pushed the door open to the fancy hotel I planned on staying in until my mom gets back. I could just go shopping tomorrow for clothing and whatever.

I payed the lady for a suite and made my way up to it. I flung the doors open and gaped at the luxurious interior.

I was too tired to really explore so I kicked of my shoes and locked the door. I walked around and quickly found the bedroom. A huge California king-sized bed welcomed me. I leaped onto it and snuggled myself under the fluffy covers. Heaps of cozy frabic surrounded me.

Now this, I could get used to.

I sent a quick goodnight text to my mom and then tossed my phone somewhere on the massive bed. My eyes became heavy and I quickly feel into a much needed sleep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry about the lack of updates!! I had a lot of mid quarter tests and studying to do :( Now that that's over with I am updating again(: Hope you enjoy!!