Chapter 7

Owl City - Fireflies

Selena Gomez - Stars Dance

One Direction - Last First Kiss

"How delicious is the winning of a kiss at love's beginning" -Thomas Campbell 

________________________________________________________________________________

- Iris's Point of View -

"Where are we going?" Austin was driving us back from the Apple store when he passed the exit for our condo building.

"Relax. The night is still young. I wanna show you a place." He turned his head and gave me a grin.

"What kind of "place" do you have in mind?" I hated surprises. "Oh, just something I found a few months ago," He smirked and slowly pulled into the farthest left lane. "Ugh. You're impossible!" He chuckled at my annoyance and continued driving.

I turned on the radio to show how much he was irritating me. Some song by Rihanna was playing and Austin started humming along. I opened the box that contained my new iPhone. I got it out and turned it on. I had the same number and all my contacts, photos,and other data was transferred to this phone already. I sent a quick text to my mom telling her that I missed her and that I was okay.

I was so focused on my phone I didn't hear what Austin said. He cleared his throat. "We're here now." He got out and held the door open for me again.

"Thanks for being such a gentlemen," I gave him a quick one-arm-squeeze and stepped out into the fresh ocean air.

Wait a minute.

Fresh ocean air? I inhaled deeply. I was correct, I could basically taste the salt water on the tip of my tongue.

"Austin, you took me to the beach?" I breathed. "Not just any beach though." He came closer to me with something that looked like a blanket held in his arms. Then again, I couldn't tell because it was pretty dark and there wasn't any street lights around, just the light of the moon. "What do you mean?" I was getting pretty anxious to see what he wanted to show me. "Come on I'll show you."

He reached for my hand and tied my fingers with his. I blushed deeply. Thank God it was dark out so he couldn't see my face. He walked ahead of me and gently tugged me along. We trudged across the sand and paused only to kick our shoes off. We continued walking in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. He suddenly stopped and turned to face me.

"Your eyes have to be covered." He came behind me and softly rested his palms over my eyes. "Why? I hate surprises," I whined. "Trust me, you'll be glad you did," He chuckled and led me forward. I heard some rustling that sounded like he was pushing back palm branches. I took a few more steps until he used his arms to hold me to a halt. "Okay. Open your eyes now." He removed his hands from my eyes and I gasped.

Austin had led me to the top of what looked like a huge mound of sand that was piled high. It was about six feet in diameter. Tons of palm fronds and tree brush was made into a sort of curtain over us. It only covered half of the sort of circle we were on, the rest was just wide open. The mound was about four feet in height so we could easily access it.

He smiled at my reaction and spread out a blanket over the sandy mound. He patted the spot next to him and I came over and rested myself down so I could view the ocean. "This is beautiful, but it still isn't even the best part." He whispered with the same smile. "Then what is?" I didn't see how it could get any better. "Look up," He whispered back as he rested on his back and looked up.

I did just that.

I repeated his actions and faced the sky. Another gasp freed itself from my throat as I gazed up. Hundreds and hundreds of stars were scattered across the sky. The north star was bright and I could clearly see both Venus and Mars. I spotted the Big Dipper and Orion's Belt. The full moon was high in the sky. Never have I seen so many stars.

Emotions - (An Original Austin Mahone Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें