Chapter 36: It Wasn't My Fault

The thought shocked her. Madison didn't know that Daryl wanted a baby, she mentioned about having a family one day, but for Daryl to admit he wanted a family with her and for them to have a child, he must be serious. "A baby? But Daryl we just moved in here, and we haven't even got settled yet. I want to have a job and finish college before I have a baby. It's too soon." She didn't want to hurt his feelings and Madison wasn't sure if she was ready to have a baby yet, even though she wanted children.

"Do ya' want one with me?" He asked her gently, afraid that the answer was going to hurt his feelings. "Of course, honey. I want my family with you. I love you. But, now isn't a good time. Maybe once were financially stable we could think about it." Madison gave Daryl hope that he could one day be a good father to his children, something he never had as a child. Deep down Daryl was afraid of having children because there was that small chance he could turn into his father.

"Okay," Daryl was happy that she actually wanted children with him, but he was a little upset with the waiting period. "Don't be so sad, it makes me sad." She told him and pouted out her lip. Daryl smirked at her cute face and kissed her lips gently. He truly loved Madison, even if people thought he stupid for loving a girl so easily. Daryl couldn't help it, he fell in love at first sight and so did she.

"Just give me some time, and we'll make it work." Madison kissed his forehead and hopped off the couch going into their bedroom. "How long is some time?" He followed her. Daryl really wanted to have a baby now and hated that he had to wait. "I don't know, awhile, maybe a few years." She sat down and pulled her hair into a ponytail. "Years? Hell, Mads. Why we gotta wait so damn long?" "Because it's my body and I don't want a baby right now. Will you please accept that and just wait. I might change my mind tomorrow or I might not, just please don't keep asking me." They haven't got into a fight for a long time, and their fights were usually about her self esteem. "Alright." Daryl said. He would wait a week or two before mentioning any baby talk again.

~

"Did you pay the electric?" Madison asked Daryl as he got out of the shower. It's been about a month now since they've moved and every thing was going fine. Daryl had his paycheck coming in bi-weekly, Madison was going to school and had a part time job waitressing. She made a good amount of money in tips too which always helped out. "Yeah, did it yesterday. Why?" He asked drying his shaggy hair that was to his ears. Madison shrugged her shoulders while looking at the bank statement. "No reason." He nodded and headed to the kitchen for a drink. As Daryl went to sit down their phone rang.

"Yeah." He answered.

"Hey, Daryl. It's Brian. Miranda and I are going out for dinner and we'd like for you and Madison to tag along if you want too." Daryl looked over at Madison.

"Parents are goin' out fer' dinner. Wanna go?" Madison put the papers down and nodded.

"Yeah, we'll go. What time?" Daryl looked at the clock on the wall. It was already five thirty.

"We'll pick you guys up at six thirty."

Daryl put the phone on the counter and walked over to Madison who had looked a bit stressed lately. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing." She shot back immediately. Daryl could tell when she wasn't in the right mind. She's been distancing herself for awhile. "Mads..." Daryl started.

Madison frowned and looked at the table. She's felt separated from Daryl since they moved up here. She thought that this would bring them closer together, but it had done nothing but tear them apart. He worked and she worked. When she didn't work she was at home studying or at school. Daryl still didn't know about how Madison never slept at home when he had the night shift job in Georgia. It was starting to feel like that again between them and the first part to fixing their relationship was talking about what happened and how she was feeling.