Chapter 32: Time With the Folks

I finally found the right person to portray Madison. This is Georgina Burke! Isn't she lovely!

~

The next morning Madison woke up feeling rejuvenated. She was glad that they spent the night here with her parents because she got a good nights rest. Daryl was sleeping beside her, his arm over his face and the sheets around his waist. Madison crawled out of bed stretching her muscles.

She joined her parents who were out in the kitchen laughing and kissing. Madison's parents were always very affectionate. They always acted like a newlywed couple, and Madison hoped that she and Daryl would be the same.

"Morning!" Madison smiled and headed towards the coffee pot. "Morning honey." Her mother said walking over and placing a hand on her back. Miranda, Madison's mother had a curvaceous figure too, and Madison used to feel like the odd one when around her family. Almost all the women in her family had very wide hips. It was hereditary, and Madison was beginning to accept that. Her mother was very pretty too, her hair was a pale blonde and she had bright hazel eyes.

"Daryl awake?" Her dad asked. "Not yet," she said pouring some milk into her coffee. "Well, when he wakes up I have a little job for us to do if he's up for it." Brian said and passed Miranda, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Madison smiled at her parents.

"So, since your father has plans for him and Daryl, I figured you could help me wrap the remaining gifts for the family, and we can bake cookies. How's that sound?" Miranda asked her daughter. "That's fine." Madison smiled and sipped her coffee.

Daryl woke up panicked. He didn't feel Madison beside him and started freaking out, then he realized they were at her parents house and she was probably already up. He glanced over at the clock. Eight thirty. It was early for Madison to be awake at this time, but then again they went to bed early last night.

Daryl stood up and headed out of her room and to the kitchen. Madison and Miranda were talking quietly. "Mornin'." Daryl said clearing his throat after. Madison looked over at him. "Hey! I was wondering when you'd wake up and realize I was gone." She said and pranced over to him. Daryl remembered how her parents were okay with him being affectionate, so he gave her a hard kiss on the lips. "I thought ya' skipped out on me." Daryl joked and winked at Madison.

"There he is!" Brian said coming inside and patting Daryl on the back. "Was waiting on you." He said. "Me?" Daryl asked. "Yeah you! I got a job for you, if your in." Daryl nodded, he wouldn't mind spending time with Brian and getting to know him. "Great. Girls wanna make breakfast?" Miranda and Madison both nodded and got to making breakfast.

Daryl took some time to shower and put his jeans and a t shirt on. He pulled on his socks and boots before going back out to the kitchen where breakfast was spread out on the table. "Take a seat Daryl." Miranda smiled. Madison pranced her way in and sat next to Daryl. "You smell nice." She said and leaned on to his shoulder.

The table was set with pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast. Miranda placed two pitchers on the table. One with orange juice, and the other with milk. "Anyone want coffee?" Miranda asked. "Please dear," Brian said. "Daryl?" She asked. "Yeah." He said. Madison stood up, "I'll get it." She smiled.

Madison came back in with Daryl's coffee, and once everyone was seated they started to eat. "You've gotten a tan," Brian mentioned to Madison. "Oh, it's the Georgia sun always beating down on you." She said. Daryl was tan, but that's because he worked out in the sun most of the time, but now with his new job, the tan would slowly fade away.

"I heard you got a new job." Miranda smiled at Daryl. "I did. Prison guard." He answered and shoved some pancakes in his mouth. "Is it fun?" Brian asked. "Not sure if ya' would say fun, but it keeps ya' occupied." Daryl explained. "I work night shift too." Madison didn't want to think about him working night shift. It meant he was gone all night and didn't get a minute of sleep with him gone.