Chapter 31: Tired

The next morning Daryl woke up exhausted. Daryl was sore, and tired. Madison would be too when she woke up. They spent hours fooling around last night and Daryl was feeling the aftermath worse than ever. His arms hurt, his hips hurt. Hell, even his legs hurt.

Daryl looked over at Madison was was naked, a sheet up to her chest. He leaned over and kissed her forehead, before getting out of bed and heading to the shower. After washing himself off and getting clean, he rinsed out the tub and started a hot bath for Madison. If she felt anything like he did, she would definitely need it.

Daryl headed out to make coffee while the tub filled up, then went to wake his sleeping beauty. "Darlin'," Daryl rubbed her shoulder lightly. "Madi," he said a bit louder. She groaned in her sleep and pulled a blanket over her face. Daryl smirked, she was so cute in the morning.

He went to the bathroom and shut the water off. It was nice and hot. He went back to Madison who was almost back to sleep. "Madison, doll. Wake up, I got ya' a bath ready."

Madison whined when she sat up. She was sore. It wasn't until she stood up that the damage was clearly visible. She had bruises on her. Not a lot, but a few. Most of them were hickeys on the inside of her legs, and her hips had handprints on them. Most of her muscles were sore too. She could barely stand up due to all the movement from the night before.

"Need help?" Daryl asked. Madison didn't answer so Daryl lifted her up and carried her to the bathroom himself and placed her in the hot bath tub. Daryl left her alone so she could bath and started to double check their bags. They were leaving today to go see her parents for Christmas. Daryl was actually excited. He liked Brian and Miranda and they made him feel welcomed and at home.

Madison was wincing in pain as she got out of the bath. She felt so good last night, and now everything was painful. She would do it all over again though if it meant she could feel beautiful in the presence of Daryl.

Madison slipped on a pair of sweats and a t shirt before putting her tennis shoes on. She yawn and stretched her muscles out the best she could without hurting herself. Daryl came into the bedroom and smirked. He really did a number on her last night. Daryl wasn't one to get sore from sex, but the again he normally didn't make love for hours on end like last night either.

"I have coffee if ya' want any." He told her while leaning down to kiss her forehead and grab his cigarettes. "Please?" She asked and lay back on the bed. Daryl lit up a smoke and headed out to get her coffee. She liked hers with two sugars and a bit of milk.

When Daryl got back to the bedroom Madison was half asleep. "Hey, girl. Wake up. We gotta get the move on. Ye' can sleep in the truck." Madison groaned and sat up. Maybe getting some coffee in her would boost her mood up.

Daryl locked the house up and made sure that Max had plenty of food and water. He even let Rick know that they were going out of town and asked if he could check up on Max while they were gone. He said he'd be glad too, so that was one less thing that Daryl had to worry about. They had everything they needed for the trip,  and were on their way to Idaho.

~

Like Daryl had guessed, Madison fell asleep in the truck. He was happy to call her his. She was gorgeous, even without all the dresses and heels and makeup. She looked naturally pretty, and that's why drew him in.

The long haul to Idaho had Daryl more exhausted than he was when he woke up. Madison told him she would drive, but she currently didn't have a license. Daryl promised himself he would get her one soon. He had a job, so it wouldn't be hard once they got back on their feet.

As they got closer and closer to her parents place, the temperatures got colder and snow covered the grounds. That's one thing about living in the mountains, snow on higher elevations.

Daryl remembered how to get to Brian and Miranda's, so he drove straight there. Madison woke up the second he pulled in the driveway. "'Bout time, sleepy head." Daryl laughed and ruffled her hair. "I'm just so tired." She smiled and yawned, stretching her arms. "Feel any better?" Daryl raised his eyebrows hoping she'd get the hint. "A bit, still sore though."

Madison and Daryl checked in with her parents. They were happy to see her and Daryl. Christmas wasn't for another two days, and they'd both get to rest before the big group of people showed up.

"Are you two staying here?" Brian asked Madison. She would've been fine with staying here, but she knew Daryl had other plans for them. "No, we're getting a motel room." She said sipping the hot chocolate and eating a gingerbread cookie.

"Alright. But, if you don't wanna stay there, we have a room right back there." Brian pointed to Madison's old room. Madison thought it would be a waste of time to get a motel room tonight. They were both exhausted and highly doubted there would be any fooling around.

"Let's just stay here tonight, and get a room the next couple of days." Madison told Daryl who was looking at a truck magazine. He wasn't very fond on the idea, but agreed anyways.

That night they were both in bed, still sore and exhausted. "Why'd we stay here and not the motel?" Daryl asked. He was itching to know since she told him they'd stay here. "Because we're both tired and sex didn't look like it was on the agenda tonight." Madison whispered. Daryl could agree that she had a point there. But, tomorrow after his body a day to refuel there was no doubt he'd be back at it again with trying to please her.

"I love ya, sweetheart." He whispered in her ear. "Love you too." She said before falling asleep again.

*****
💚Comment & Vote!

🐠Reminder: For the people who are making me a cover, try to get it to me ASAP! Thanks!

💙If you are interested in making me a cover for this story, just message me!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥