Chapter 20: Truth Be Told

Daryl was jumpy when he pulled in the driveway. He was shaking like a leaf. He was a bit surprised to see Madison at the table, looking terribly upset.

"Hey baby," she greeted him the moment he walked in. "Hey," Madison took Daryl by the arm and sat him down. "We need to talk... Okay?" She explained trying not to break down in tears.

Daryl's mind immediately thought she did something to herself. "Ya' alright?" He asked concerned not only for her, but for him. It killed Daryl to see her in such a dark place.

"I'm fine, but today... While I was washing clothes I found this." She whispered putting the bag filled with white power on the table in front of them. "Now, don't get upset, but you need help Daryl. Why didn't you tell me? We would've worked through this together." Madison was pouring her heart out and Daryl couldn't respond. He didn't know what to say other than the truth.

"Ain't mine," he spoke. Madison didn't believe him. "Daryl... It was in your jacket. How am I supposed to believe it wasn't yours?" "Because I'm yer' boyfriend and yer' supposed to trust me." He growled. Daryl's temper was getting the best of him, so he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down before he went berserk.

"Daryl talk to me. If it isn't yours than whose?" She asked. Daryl wanted to tell her it was Roger and have her be mad at Roger, not him. But, if he did, then his job was possibly in the air. Taking a risk, he spilled the beans.

"Uhh... Roger. My boss. He knew 'bout Merle, my brother and how he was into drugs. Asked me to get him some. I said yes cause we needed the money and he paid me a small bit to get it for him. I ain't ever touched that shit. I wanted to have money so you wouldn't look at me as the trashy redneck. I told Roger I wasn't doin' it no more. He threatened my job, and I can't lose that..." Madison had never felt so heartbroken.

Watching Daryl explain to her why he did it was sweet, but it also caused a fire in her to burn to no end because Roger was manipulating her baby. Daryl was a strong man, and for someone to convince him to do such a thing would be ridiculous, but he did it for her.

"Daryl..." She spoke. "Don't want no pity." He answered fiddling his thumbs around. "Listen to me. You're not a trashy redneck and I would never look at you that way. But your boss, he isn't a good man Daryl. You could quit your job and I'd stay by you no matter what alright. I love you, not you're money." "Ain't ever had money, but I did alright for myself, and since ya' moved in I've been buying more and spendin' it on ya', because I love ya'."

"Daryl, I don't need gifts to see that you love me. But what you can do is tell Roger no, and if he doesn't listen, the quit. I promise you won't lose me over that. And I'll even get a job again. And hey, I have money left from the scholarship." Madison wanted to be positive about this situation and not make him feel bad.

"Alright, but what do I do with this?" He asked pointing to the bag. "I forgot it for Roger today and he's still expecting it."

"I wouldn't normally promote this kind of thing, but give it to him and be done with it."  Daryl nodded, "alright. We should drive over there. Hand it off that way I got a clear mind tonight."

Madison agreed with Daryl's decision but driving with drugs in your car wasn't exactly a good thing. They must have been lucky that day because not one cop popped up on the way to Rogers.

Madison got out of the truck with Daryl so that if things got out of hand she could step it.

Knocking on the front door, Roger answered. Daryl roughly slammed the drugs into Rogers arms. "I'm don't buying shit fer' ya'. Ya' want it, then get it yer' self."

Roger wrinkled his nose and shook his head, "boy... Ya' better be that way or ye' can jus' forget 'bout comin' in tomorrow." Roger warned.

"If that's the way it has to be then yes, he won't come in tomorrow. You can't take advantage of him anymore." Madison said standing up for Daryl. She felt a pinch of pride after saying it too.

"Listen here, ya' little bitch-" Daryl had his fist ready and collided it with Roger left cheek. Roger stumbled backwards, but caught himself.

"Fuck yew Dixon. Yer' done workin' for me!" Roger growled holding his cheek.

"Send me my pay check in the mail!" Daryl said back before grabbing Madison by the hand and taking her to the truck.

"Feel better?" She asked as they got home. "A hundred percent."

****

💚Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥