Chapter 23: Family Calls

Madison was working again. This time she was cleaning an older couples house who put an ad in the paper. It was decent money. Eleven bucks an hour. Plus, Daryl and her could really use it. They barely had gas money to take her to school on the three days she went. Not to mention that he food they had was running low. Madison had an idea, but was afraid to bring it up to Daryl, but if things didn't change within the week, she had no choice.

Madison made fifty five dollars and walked away proud. They got gas for Daryl's truck, him a pack of cigarettes, and some more groceries to last them until she got more money, or he found a job.

That night while they were in the shower together Madison had to bring up her idea. "Daryl, don't get mad when I say this," she said. He wasn't paying much attention to her since his head was facedown as he washed his hair.

"Maybe I could call my parents and ask them for money." That got his attention.

"Ain't asking anyone fer' shit." He said and moved her under the water. "But Daryl, we could really use it and they're my parents. They love me and want to help me." "I thought they kicked you out?" He asked her. "They did, but that was because we fought all the time about rules. I wanted to take time off and learn to love myself, but they thought that getting a job and a house and going to college was more important. They kicked me out because I needed to learn to grow up and be an adult. Plus I wanted to leave," she explained to him while washing her hair.

"Ain't makin' no difference. Still ain't doin' it." Daryl's decision was final, they weren't asking for money. "We have to Daryl. We don't have a choice. The tv is going to be shut off, the electric is going to be shut off and so is your phone and mine. Then we have to worry about truck payments." Daryl never really thought about how much shit was due in the following weeks.

"I'm workin' on a job. Trust me sweetheart, I'll take care of it." He said lovingly. "Daryl, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll try to care for us, but please, if nothing happens in a week let me call them. I'm sure they'd love to hear from me anyways." It's been a few months since she left. They didn't really leave off on the wrong foot, but a lot of stuff went down that night.

"Madison you really need to think about your future," her father said. Brian James was a college graduate with a doctorates degree in heart surgery. His wife, Miranda, who was Madison's mother, was a nurse practitioner. They had a very high income and Madison was always considered the 'spoiled little bitch' at school.

"I am dad, I just... I'm not ready. What if I start college and change my mind?" She asked. Madison father looked down at her. "You can always go back and start over. I did," he mentioned. Before Brian went into heart surgery, he was a world history teacher.

"I don't know." Madison said going to her room. She really had no idea what to do with her life. It wasn't until three weeks later when Madison's mother had the last straw. "Madi, your father and I have come to the conclusion that you need to move out. We'll give you three months to find a place and even help with expenses, but-" "are you serious!" Madison yelled.

"Madi-" "no, you know what. I'll just leave. I'm sick of you two nagging me all the time about getting a job and a career. I'm sorry that I'm not mentally able to function on my own. Or that I have problems with people because I've been judged all my life!" Madison packed her bags that night and got on a bus to Georgia. She didn't know why Georgia was on her mind, but it seemed sweet and in her mind more accepting.

A few days passed and Madison had to call. There was no choice. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and they had nothing.

Luckily for her, Daryl was out working today and she had the chance to make the phone call.

"Hello?" It was her father. Good.

"Hey dad. It's me, Madison." She said calmly.

"Oh my goodness. Are you alright? We haven't heard from you in weeks."

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just... I'm in a little bit of bind." She winced to herself slightly.

"A bind? What kind of bind?" He asked.

"I have no money. No food. The tv is about to be canceled and the electric is going to be shut off. I'm just really hard up for cash." She explained.

She could hear her dad sigh in the background. "Well... Where are you?"

"Georgia."

"Georgia!" He dad yelled. "What the hell are you doing all the way down there?" He asked.

"I don't know. But I just can't leave, I met someone and I'm really happy."

"You met someone? Well I'll have to meet this boy." He chuckled.

Man... Daryl was a man, not a boy.

"Alright. But could you help me out?" She asked.

"Of course sweetie. Just send me the bank card information and I'll put some money in there for you. But I expect to meet this boy by next week, you hear me?"

"Yeah, okay. And dad... Thank you so much... I love you."

"Love you too."

Madison ended the phone call and a half hour later her dad called back to tell her the transaction was complete.

When Madison checked her balance, her jaw dropped. Her parents had good jobs and money was never an issue, but it shocked her when she seen the new balance that was on her debit card.

1050.94

They added one thousand and fifty dollars to her account. She was thankful, and knew one thing for sure.

Daryl was going to be pissed.

******
💚Uh oh! What's gonna happen next? Comment below!

💜Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥