Chapter 33: Not Enough

Madison finished the bookshelf around seven that evening. In her home, she and her family would always eat cookies with milk on Christmas Eve. Miranda got all of them some cookies and a glass of milk. Madison sat on the couch resting her head on Daryl's shoulder and he held her hand gently, running his thumb over her knuckles.

Brian walked out of kitchen with Miranda behind him. "Madison, did you call about a hotel?" Brian asked. "No, but we should get going." She told them. Daryl was excited that he would get to spend Christmas Eve alone with Madison. "Lets get going," she told Daryl and they stood up to collect their things. Madison grabbed her bags and took them out to the truck.

"Happy Christmas Eve honey," Brian told Madison and gave her a hug. "You too dad!" Brian have Daryl a hand shake and they parted ways until tomorrow morning. They check into a hotel and went straight to their room. This was better than most places they could've stayed at, but Daryl thought they deserved it.

"Mads," he said as she sat down on the bed. "Wanna get a hot bath?" He asked her. Madison sighed and got up even though she didn't want to. "Yeah, let me get the shampoo and stuff and I'll be in." She told him and went to retrieve the items.

She entered the bathroom and was surprised to see Daryl already in the bathtub. "Didn't even wait," she teased. "Nah, cause no I get to watch ya' strip for me." He smirked. Madison blushed a deeply and hid her face. "Now that you said that I'm nervous." She laughed. "Why? I would've watched ya either way. I jus' decided to tell ya'." Daryl knew she wasn't very confident with her body at the beginning of their relationship, but he feels like she's grown out of that and learned that he accepted her body the way it way.

There was nothing wrong with it. The curves to him were better than any of the Victoria Secrets Angels. He loved her cute cheeks and long blonde hair. Especially the natural curls that it held. Her eyes sparkled like diamonds and the way her lips curled up in smile was pure beauty to him. Madison knew all of that too, she just had a hard time accepting it. She still got nervous around him and wasn't sure if it was because she knew that he liked her curves, or if it was her own self doubt creeping in.

"Hurry up." He told her. "Don't look at me," Madison said quietly. Daryl rolled his eyes at her, "darlin' jus' get in." He growled. He knew she wasn't going to get in if he was staring at her now. "Ya' have done it before, what's different?" He asked. "You said you were going to watch me. That's what." she said and looked at her hair in the mirror.

Madison sighed and pulled her shirt off over her head and then took off her pants. She refused to look, but did anyway. She took a glance in the mirror and for once she looked... Hot. She undid her bra strap and took her panties off, tossing everything aside. She stepped into the hot bathtub and relaxed. She was across from Daryl and leaned her head back while he playfully rubbed her feet and legs.

"Daryl..." She breathed out when he kissed her knee. The tub was quite spacious, but Daryl kept inching closer to her by the seconds. "I love ya'." Daryl pulled Madison onto his lap so she was straddling him. They were enjoining each other company. A thought came to Madison.

"How many serious relationships have you had?" Daryl and Madison never talked much about it. Madison didn't have any relationship, and Daryl, well he had a handful of women, but only one night stands. He wasn't a man whore as they would say, but he had around six or seven girls. "None as serious as this." He smiled and squeezed her tightly against him.

"I hope I'm the last girl." She whispered against his chest. "Ya' are." He told her and rocked them back and forth.

Daryl didn't want to have sex with her like he planned. He just wanted to hold her and let her know that she was loved and beautiful without even trying. She tried hard to be beautiful for him, when she really didn't have to try at all. Her natural beauty was just as pretty.

They finished their bath and got into bed. Daryl pulled the blankets up to their chest and embraced her in his arms. He loved holding Madison is his arms. She was more than what he wanted in a girlfriend, and he hit the jack pot when he found her.

"I love ya'," he whispered in her ear for the hundredth time today. They've been laying in bed for over an hour just talking and laughing. Madison leaned back and kissed his lips before he had a chance to grab her up and hold her against him. She liked when he played around that. "My mom just texted." She said aloud when her phone went off. She read the message to Daryl, "Christmas Breakfast is at 7:30am."

"Seven fucking thirty in the morning." Daryl groaned. He didn't want to wake up early on Christmas, but he would end up getting his ass out of bed just for Madison. "Growing up it was six, and that's not counting what time I had to wake up to make breakfast. One morning we were up at four cooking because breakfast started at six."

"Why so damn early." He asked nuzzling her neck, "because we have a lot of people come to the house throughout the day and my mom wanted to have breakfast made so they could eat." Daryl shrugged his shoulders and squeezed her tight. "Still don't make any sense." Madison rolled her eyes.

"I think that it would be fun... Like if it was for my own family." Madison spoke. Daryl didn't understand what she meant. "What do ya' mean? That is yer' family." He leaned up on one arm to look at her. "I know, but I mean like my own family. Like, my own children and my own husband." Daryl knew what she meant then, and his heart sped up. Was he ready to have a family with her? Was he ready to marry her? He wasn't cut out for the Dad role. Look at his father, nothing but a worthless piece of trash and Daryl didn't want his kids to grow up the same way he did with a crappy dad.

Daryl loved Madison but he was afraid he couldn't give her what she wanted. Sure, he could marry her, but that wouldn't make him a good husband. He could give her kids, but that doesn't make him a good father. Daryl was afraid he would turn out just like his father, and in the years to come, Madison would probably be hoping that her son didn't end up like Daryl, granted they had a son. Was he even enough for her?

******
💛I'm hoping to get over twenty votes and ten comments on this chapter. I'm not saying you have too, but looking at past chapters that's about the average and I'd like to keep it that way or make it go up!

💜Comment & Vote

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥