Chapter 10: Hunting

Daryl woke up a few hours later. He shrugged the blanket off and stood up to stretch. He walked back the hallway looking for Madison. He walked into his room and saw her folding clothes. "Hey sweetheart," he plopped down on the bed beside her. "Hey! I finished the cake, it's on the counter and I'm ordering pizza for dinner. I hope you don't mind." Daryl nodded, agreeing.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened at work?" She eyed him up and down. "That Dylan kid, he was jus' gettin' on my nerves. 'Bout had it with Dennis too, keeps talkin' 'bout ya'," he said grabbing her hand. "Bad things or...?" She straddled his lap, interlocking their fingers. "Not bad stuff, jus' things I don't want him sayin'. I think he likes ya', I know Dylan does."

Madison shook her head, "okay, whatever. I only have eyes for you though okay?" She said grabbing his face. "Alright, so do I get a kiss now?" He raised his eyebrows hoping for one. "I guess." She leaned down kissing him roughly. Daryl reached his hands around and squeezed her tightly. "I want cake," he said pulling away.

Madison stood up and Daryl followed behind her. She unwrapped his cake from earlier and handed it over. He took his spoon and dug in immediately. "Good lord! This is good," he smiled at her. She sat on the countertop, squeezing her legs shut. 'She'll be squezzin' her legs for another reason here soon' he thought. Daryl always had fantasies before. But, with Madison they never stopped and he planned on making them all come true.

It was still early in the afternoon and Daryl wanted to do something else than sit inside all day. "Wanna go huntin'?" He asked her. "I've never been hunting before," she seemed a little nervous, like always when Daryl opposed new things. "It'll be fun." Madison agreed to go hunting and Daryl got suited up.

He pulled in his camouflaged pants and shirt, looking for another one that Madison could wear. "Put this on," he tossed her the short sleeve camo top. Madison took off the white t shirt and slipped on the other one. Daryl was surprised that she was confident enough to take her shirt off around him. "We'll get there," he reminded himself.

Out in the woods Daryl was a completely different man. His hunting senses were in tuned and he seen and heard things Madison didn't. Madison smiled and squeezed Daryl's hand when she saw a bunny hop out from around the tree. "Dinner," he muttered. "No! Don't kill it!" She said swatting his arm. "It's just a baby." Madison walked ahead of Daryl slowly, trying to touch the bunny.

Wild rabbits were as fast as lightening, and there was no way in hell she was gonna catch it, but he thought it was cute either way that she tried. "Alright woman, let's go find some tracks." He said pulling her up. "Bye bunny," she whispered as it ran off into the woods.

Daryl spotted some deer tracks and followed them for awhile, when he looked up he saw a deer. It was about a hundred feet away. He looked back at Madison who was smiling in awe at the animal.

He pulled his crossbow off from over his shoulder and raised it, aiming it to hit the deer. One quick trigger pull the deer was hit and running through the forest. "That's how ya' do that," he smiled.

They tracked the deers blood path and found it dead a mile away. "Can ya' carry this sweetheart?" Daryl held his crossbow out towards Madison. She nodding and grabbed the crossbow, slinging it over her shoulder like Daryl does.

Daryl threw the deer over his shoulder and they walked back to his house. Daryl gutted and skinned the deer while Madison watched. She didn't look to happy, and scrunched her face up in disgust.

After Daryl was finished he headed inside for a shower. He smelt of deer guts and blood. Stepping out of the shower he pulled on his boxer shorts. He turned to look at his back and saw the horrible scars from years of abuse at home from his father.

Madison never said anything about the scars, and he was thankful, he never commented on hers either. He decided it was too hot for a shirt and walked out of the bathroom. Madison was hanging up clothes in the closet and putting some in the dresser. "Hey," he said wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and kissing her cheek. "Hey. Feel better?" She asked turning around in his arms. "Oh yeah." He leaned down and kissed her lips.

"Wanna watch tv with me? I have the pizza on the way." Daryl kissed her again, "hell yeah." He squeezed her tight and grabbed her hand, taking her to living room and turning the tv on. "What's on?" She asked pulling a blanket over herself. "Shark week?" He asked. "I hate sharks!" She shoved her face in the pillow, not wanting to look at the Sharks.

Daryl turned it to a show about living in Alaska and she was fine. A knock at the door got their attention. Daryl stood up to answer the door, but Madison pulled him back down. "You're in your boxers," he shrugged, grabbing his wallet. "Don't care." He opened the front door and Dylan stood their holding pizza.

"Here you go," Dylan handed over the pizza to Daryl and a small bag. "I kinda got wings too," Madison said shyly from behind him. "It's fine doll," Daryl didn't care what she got, as long as she ate. "So what, ye' the pizza boy now?" He asked Dylan, handing him the cash. "Needed extra money." He said giving Daryl change. "Madison in there?" He asked looking behind Daryl. "Yeah, now leave." He slammed the door in Dylan's face and took the food into the living room.

"Who was that?" She asked. "Dylan. He's the pizza guy now." He grunted putting the food on the table. "Is he the one who you got mad at today at work?" She asked taking a slice of pizza. "Yup, that's him." Daryl kicked back on the couch eating his food and watching tv. "Wanna chicken wing?" She held the box towards him. Daryl took one and ate that too.

He didn't wanna go to work tomorrow. He wanted a vacation and wouldn't get one until winter. Looking over at Madison he was so happy to have her in his life.

*****

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥