Chapter 52.

Chapter 52.

Song for the chapter is Appreciated By Rixton!!

"Are you sure?" Brittni began to pester me about going to prom. Which doesn't really make sense.

Think about it, I'm only a sophomore and I was only going to go to be Colten's date. There's no point and going now if Colten and I aren't together anymore.

Sure I would've liked to go. Things just don't always work out the way their planned. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, besides the fact that people always want to change their fate. Unfortunately, you can't change your fate. No matter how bad you want to, you can't and that really sucks.

Finals ended yesterday and we only have a week left of school. Prom is tomorrow night, Saturday, at some nice venue, at some nice hotel.

To be completely honest, it sounds magical. The theme is Monte Carlo. I don't even really know what Monte Carlo is. I know it's a movie and that it was filmed off of somewhere in Europe. Or England? Dammit! England is in Europe...I think.

"Yoo-whoo," Brittni waved her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention. "You there?"

"Yes, you idiot," I snap and slap her hand away from my face.

"Ooo, someone's a little snappy," she raised her hands up in mock surrender.

I adjust the strap of my bag higher on my shoulder and breath in deeply.

"I just have a lot going on," I sigh. Thoughts of everything that's gone down in the past month or so, flood my mind like a tsunami.

How have I gone on so long? I miss Colten like crazy but I know that the decision I made was for the best.

If I were to have told him to throw his dream away and not go to Berkeley it would've been extremely selfish. I want him to live his dream of becoming a NFL football player. I want him to live his life, without me.

I don't want to be the one to hold him back. Does it hurt? Hell yea! It hurts like hell. It feels like a knife is constantly poking at my heart. Every time I think about it, that knife digs a little deeper. Drawing more blood and pain.

Forgive and forget.

Sorry to break it to you, but you can't just forgive and forget. It's too much to forget. I don't want to forget though. I've had more happy days than bad. Therefore, I will not forget. I will forgive though.

I've already forgiven Colten for leaving. When in reality I left him. I've forgiven but there is no way in hell I will ever forget.

"I know what you mean," Brittni's voice snaps me out of my depressing thoughts.

Brittni is going through the same thing I am. Minus the broken heart part. With Jackson going to college in Seattle she is upset that she'll have to be in this hell hole for two more years.

The only difference with their situation is that they're trying to make it work. The whole long distance thing. Even though I have doubts about it, I'm supporting my best friend and brothers relationship.

Brittni is still going to Jackson's prom and that's where we are heading right now. To pick up her dress for tomorrow. She could've just picked it up tomorrow but she said it would be to much of a hassle. With the hair and makeup appointments along with the manicure and pedicure appointment, she thought she wouldn't have time.

"I just hope it works out for you guys," I say sincerely. I do. I really hope that their relationship works out. They are a perfect match, after all.