Chapter 32.

Chapter 30.

Colten's POV.

Today's Friday and I can't wait for the weekend to come. Ever since Jackson and I's little talk last night, I wanted to personally, do something for Nikki. I wanted to show her that I care, that I care for her more than I've ever cared for anyone. To show her I love her more than I've ever loved somebody.

When I'm finished with my morning routine I drive to school. I think of ways to propose this idea and my love to Nikki. I love her, she knows that. Right? I mean she loves me too. Right?

I know she's said it, but maybe, just maybe she's changed her mind. Maybe it wasn't Jackson who got to her, maybe it was that she realized that she doesn't love me like I love her. Calm down Colten. You're overthinking things. Just calm down and plan out this special occasion. My subconscious reminds me. Just stay focused. I remind myself.

I park my car in its usual spot at the front of the school. I take a deep breath before grabbing my bag out of the passenger seat and slinging it over my shoulder. I walk to my group of friends.

"Colten!" I hear somebody shout my name. I turn around to see its James.

"Hey man." I greet him while giving him 'the man hug'. Don't ask why we call it that. Some people call it the 'bro hug' but it doesn't really matter.

"How ya doing?" he asks while slinging his arm over my shoulder giving me a nuggy.

"Fine, I guess." I shrug. Now, I don't usually talk to my guy friends about my feelings. I'm not some girl who vents to my friends. Maybe I vent about stupid shit like the last football game and how it was stupid they lost. But not about my feelings, especially about girls.

"Have you talked to her?" He asks. Geez, it's going to be hard getting out of this one. James is one of my best friends, after Jackson. Well now he's before Jackson, I don't even know if Jackson and I are still friends.

"Nope." I say popping the 'p' he takes this statement as the time to just let it go. We stand in our circle of friends talking about stupid stuff. Nobody dares to say a word about the events of yesterday. Thank the Gods that people are afraid of me.

I notice Jackson pulling up in his truck. I feel my heart start to race, not because of Jackson. But because of Nikki. I can't wait to see her beautiful face.

The only downside about this is Nikki isn't with him. What the fuck? Where is she? Is she hurt? So many questions are racing through my mind right now and I can't seem to get them under control.

I then see Brittni start walking towards her group of friends. I'll ask her then. I jog up towards her. "Brittni!" I shout. She turns around with a deep scowl etched to her face. Still holding a grudge I see.

"What?" She snaps. Whoa someone is a little crabby today. Well, time to get this over with. This is highly pathetic. I've never chased after a girl before, girls chase after me.

"Where's Nikki?" I ask. Hoping to god she's alright.

"Sleeping." She quickly says before turning to walk away. Umm? I take one long stride towards her and grab on to wrist. She looks at me then down at my hand clasped around her wrist.

"Is she alright?" I say not sure how to put the words. I nervously scratched the back of my neck while looking at the ground waiting for some answers.

"If you think staying up all night crying is alright then I guess." She says with hatred clear in her voice. What's with everyone and going against me? She's the one who broke up with me.

"Okay." I sigh and turn around walking back up to the school. This is going to be a long day. Why? Why can't she be here? This would be so much easier.

***

When school gets out I rush to my car thinking I can get out quickly. Of course there's plenty of other cars that would like to leave soon. After school traffic is horrible. Twenty long minutes of waiting to get out of the damn school's parking lot, I start to drive towards Nikki's house.

What will I say? How will I explain everything to her? Will she even listen? I mean she is the one who broke up with me for heaven's sake. A long drive with my thoughts. Ugh. Not really how I would want to spend it. I even turned on some music to drown out some of my thoughts but it didn't work.

Pulling up into the Long driveway I notice Jackson has gotten here before me. How the hell am I supposed to do this with him here? Worth a try, I guess.

I hesitantly step out of my car and walk up to her front door. Since the big wooden door is open and all there is, is the screen door that lets air pass through, I can easily hear voices.

"I know that Brit." I hear someone sigh. I can't tell who it is. All I know right now is that Brittni is there with Jackson.

"Well, do you want to go out or something? Jackson and I were thinking about going to the movies. Want to come?" I hear someone say, that must be Brittni's voice.

"No I'm just going to stay here. Could you pick me up some ice cream on your way back. I think Jackson and Colt-" Nikki drifts off. It breaks my heart to hear her like that. I don't even hear what Brittni says next before I'm in my car again driving home. What am I going to do? If she's possibly hurting as much as I am. What do I do?

Here you go guys. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for all the reads so far.

Like and comment :)