Chapter 44.

Chapter 44.

Colten's POV.

Soon after my little confrontation with Jackson earlier, I went home. Since then I've been laying in bed, doing absolutely nothing. Unless you count thinking.

I know I've said this before, but I have to find a way to get Nikki back. There's no doubt that she's pissed right now but I have to have her. More like, I need her with me.

I switch my position to lying on my side and staring at the tv playing House Hunters. Believe it or not, this is Nikki's favorite show. I've learned this from many 'stay at home' days with her. Always watching this show. I don't even see why she likes it. All it is are young couples or families looking to buy a house. Big whoop.

On the bed side table my phone buzzes making the whole platform rattle. Groaning, I pick up my phone to see a text from Angelique. Should I answer it? Should I read it? Nah. Oh what the heck. I slide my thumb across the screen and open the text.

Angelique: Are you free tonight?

Just what I thought it would be. I delete the message and close my eyes thinking of Nikki. Preferably underneath me, but who can be picky?

Nikki's POV.

All I've done all day is watch sappy love movies. Only to wish mine was like that. Only to wish that Colten was the type to run after me in the pouring rain and kiss me. And then that part of me knows that it's too cliche and won't happen.

Although I have done something productive today, I'm currently making a dinner for Jackson and I while I listen to Keep You Head Up By: Ben Howard.

I decided to make Cajun chicken pasta with a side salad. I've hated the way Jackson has been treating me. Ignoring me, not looking at me. All because of Colten. Maybe Colten was right maybe we did make a mistake.

I mean think about it, if Colten never came out of his shell Jackson would still be talking to me and I would be living my life while Colten sleeps with every girl he sees.

"What smells so good?" I hear Jackson ask from the other side of the doorway. I turn around and he's walking to the fridge.

"Cajun Chicken Pasta. Your favorite." I smile at him. Even though he smiles it doesn't quite reach his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Why aren't you with Colten?" He asks genuinely concerned. Not like his usual asshole of himself.

"I don't know." I shrug, tears springing into my eyes. Turning back to the stove so he doesn't see me upset or he'll start asking questions.

He blows out a breath before speaking, "You know how I went over to James's house today, right?" I nod. "Colten showed up."

That was the part I was dreading. I didn't want to hear that he saw Colten, or that Colten told him what happened. Even now that I'm extremely pissed at Colten, did I want to hear that Jackson beat him up. I need a break from hearing 'his' name.

"He seemed....whats the word? Distraught." I still don't look at him. I just keep stirring the noodles that are taking forever to cook.

"That's strange." I choke out. Great going. I scold myself. Now he knows something's wrong. Why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut?

"Care to tell me what has you two all abnormal?" I hear the annoyance yet concern in his voice. What do I say? 'Oh well, after you beat him up Saturday he told me he made a mistake and now isn't talking to me.' "Nikki, can you please tell me?"

"We got in a fight. It's no big deal." I shrug. What's up with him in acting concerned in our relationship all of a sudden?

"Look, I know that I haven't been very supportive of your guys's new found relationship but try being in my shoes."

"I have been in your shoes before." I say getting a little aggravated. He never knew how hard it was for me to accept my best friend and him dating. Now he realizes how hard it is to accept it.

"It wasn't the same thing."

"Yes it was. It was the exact same thing. You and Brittni were screwing around behind my back." I drop the spoon on the floor that was used to stir the noodles. I bend down and pick it up, groaning.

"I said I was sorry." He sighs running his hand through his hair.

"It doesn't matter anymore." I mutter to myself as I grab another spoon. Trying a noodle to see that it's cooked, I strain the water through a colander and add the sauce and chicken with a few vegetables I cut up earlier.

"It does matter. I'm a dick I know. I'm just trying to protect you. Your my little sister, it's my job. Why can't you see that?"

"I do see it. But honestly Jackson I'm not a kid anymore. I have a life outside of you and Brittni. So it's my job to correct my mistakes, not yours." I explain and grab two bowls piling pasta in each. "Now let's eat." I say although I'm not really that hungry.

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I have been super busy. With basketball and Homework. I'm so sorry. So here's the next chapter I hope you like it. Thanks for all the support guys. I really appreciate it. Keep it up. Enjoy.

Like and comment :)