Chapter 37.

Chapter 37.

I honestly don't know how long I've been in this bathroom pounding my head on the door but I'm pretty sure my oncoming headache is saying something.

Yes, I'm still trying to think of a way to face Colten. Call me crazy all you want but it was extremely childish of him to do that. He didn't need to prove anything to Adam, saying we were dating was enough. Stupid boys. My new life motto.

"Hurry up in there!" Someone pounded on the door. Really, find another bathroom. I would've said that, but in a way that was my wake up call. I can't stay in here all night, as much as I would love to. I just don't know how I'm going to talk to Colten. Stupid boys.

Looking in the mirror one last time to see that there is definitely a red mark where I was banging my head on the door. Great now it's going to look like I have a hickey on my forehead. How weird would that be? What if that actually happened? Although that would kind of be weird to have someone sucking on your forehead.

"Umm, hello?" Someone bangs on the door again snapping me out of my strange thoughts. I'm really starting to get annoyed with this person.

"Idiot." I mutter to myself and unlock and open the door. I'm met with someone I never thought I would see.

"Oh, sorry Nikki I didn't know it was you." He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's okay. Sorry Dustin." I apologize. Yes, the Dustin I've made out with on more than one occasion. Another guy that I kind of lost touch with. Trust me, Dustin is super nice and all but I guess my heart just kind of went to the player that I call my boyfriend.

"Your fine." Well this is awkward. Here I am standing looking everywhere besides him. "Well I have to go to the bathroom, so..."

"Oh right. Sorry. Nice seeing you again."

"You too." We smile at each other before I move out of his way.

I walk down the stairs to the first level of the house and find the kitchen where all the alcohol is located. Hmm? Alcohol or Soda? Well, I know that Colten seems to like to drink so I decide on Pop. Why you ask? Well if Colten is drinking than one of us needs to be sober to drive home. Great thinking, right?

Going over to the only non-alcoholic cooler and I dig through the ice to find a Pepsi. Quenching my thirst I chug about half the Pepsi down. I hadn't even realized that I was thirsty.

Finishing off the Pepsi I walk out of the kitchen trying to spot Colten. Looking around the room various times I finally spot him talking to a few of his football pals.

Mustering about all the confidence I have, I start to slowly walk over to where he's standing.

Once I reach my boyfriend all of my thoughts vanish on how extremely breathtaking he is in his white v-neck. How had I not noticed it before. Snap out of it. Focus Nikki. Right!

"Hey." I say when I move to stand next to Colten. Not caring on the stares of his friends as I stand right in front of him.

"Done sulking?" Colten sneers as he takes a swig out of his red solo cup. Oh great, mean Colten is back.

"I guess you could say that. Can we talk?"

"Sorry, if you haven't noticed I'm talking to my friends."

"Okay...let me rephrase this. Follow me so we can talk." I demand. Colten's friends stare at me shocked. Yea, unless they haven't noticed yet, I'm not in the mood to take no for an answer.

"Fine." He groans and sets his cup on the ground as I lead the way the back yard. When we get outside there are only a few people sitting around. "What?"