Chapter 31.

Chapter 31.

I wake up the next morning feeling like shit. I can't wait for today to be over so I can relax over the weekend. Call me a whimp for not wanting to see Colten, but honestly it's hard. I don't know what makes this relationship with him so different from Adam and I's or any other 'relationship' I've been in. It just is.

I turn around so I'm laying on my side. I squint at the sudden brightness of my room and look for my phone. Once I've found it I unlock it to check the time. Ten o'clock. What?! I slept in. Wait a minute, why didn't Jackson wake me? This is just great.

I swing my legs over the edge of my bed ready to get ready for school. My legs tell me differently. It feels like I just ran a marathon. I fall back on to my bed. Screw school.

I get comfortable under my duvet and sheets. I slowly feel my eye lids getting heavier by the second.

***

When I wake up for the second time it's about one o'clock. I feel way better now than I did before. I throw my sheets off me and walk over to my dresser pulling a pair of cheer shorts and a white tank top out.

When I get into the bathroom I wait for the water in the shower to get warm. Finally after waiting two minutes I hop in.

I stay under the water longer then intended. As much as I would want to get out, my legs seem to be stuck in place. I let the warm water ripple over my face. It's nice to feel clean again. To have all the dried tears washed away from my cheeks.

When I look back at yesterday tears instantly fill my eyes. Like I said I don't know why this time is so different. I hate Angelique for showing that video to the whole school, I hate Jackson for being way to over protective. I hate Colten for having this affect on me and lastly and mostly I hate myself for letting myself fall for him.

I knew that when Jackson found out he would be mad, that he would probably pull Colten and me apart but I did it anyways. I got hypnotized by his hazel eyes. I got hypnotized by the way he looked like he cared for me. Maybe he was lying. Maybe he knew what he was doing. Shut up Nikki, he did love you. I try to tell myself. But my mind keeps wandering to that hypothesis.

I didn't even realize that the water was getting cold until I have goosebumps covering every inch of my skin. I turn the water off and wrap my towel around my body. I walk back to my room putting my clothes on and put my hair up in a messy bun not even caring to brush it out. That's gonna be a bitch to untangle.

I hear my stomach growl and I forgot that I haven't eaten in like over fourteen hours. I stumble down the stairs and open the fridge. Ravioli? No. Mac and Cheese? No. Pizza? Yes!

I don't remember when we had pizza last but I'm to hungry to care. I devour three pieces of pizza and a can of coke. Healthy lunch right? Well late lunch.

Almost two hours after sitting down to watch tv the door swings open with both Jackson and Brittni. I have to admit, I'm glad that Brittni was there for me yesterday. She's still my best friend but it just felt like old times. When I would comfort her when she would break up with one of her many, many boyfriend. I wouldn't even consider them boyfriends. More like fuck buddies. Don't tell her I said that.

The only reason I call them that is because she would go out with them a month or less then they would break up. That's until Nathan, obviously they were dating for two months. Until she went and cheated on him with my brother. Stupid boys.

"Hey honey. How was your day off?" Brittni asks with a sympathetic look attached to her face. She wraps her arms around my shoulder pulling me into a hug. I bury my face into her shoulder. I'm not gonna cry though. I just like the comfort she brings.

"I'm doing better thanks." I assure her with a tight smile. She doesn't seem to believe me though.

"Sweety, you just broke up with him yesterday." Like I don't know that. Thanks Brittni.

"I know that Brit." I sigh and focus back on Keeping up with the Kardashians.

"Well, do you want to go out or something. Jackson and I were thinking about going to a movies. Want to come?" She asks. Wow she's just way to sweet. How am I friends with her?

"No, I'm just gonna stay here. Can you get me ice cream on your way back. I think Jackson and Col-" I stop myself. I remember that day, where we ate all the ice cream. We were all watching a movie in the living room. This was before everything happened of course.

"Get the ice cream." I yell to Jackson. He went to pop some popcorn and get the candy that we bought earlier, for the movie.

"I guess." He huffs. I smile to myself as Colten tries to figure out the DVD player. It's really not that hard. He's just stupid.

When Jackson returns he has the tub of ice cream along with the other snacks and three spoons. Wait what?

"Your making us all eat out of that?" I ask skeptically. I hate eating off of people. Yes I know there's three separate spoons but you stick that spoon in your mouth and then stick it back in the container.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Colten smirks and takes a seat next to me. Seems he got the DVD player working.

"Yes. I actually do. That's gross. Who knows what's been in your mouths." I emphasize 'your'. Who knows what they've been licking. God I need to get that image out of my head.

"Oh calm down." Jackson groans handing me the spoon. I can't turn down ice cream. That's until Colten takes my spoon and licks it then doing the same to his.

"You think your so funny?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"I am. Aren't I?" He rolls his eyes with a smile plastered to his face. I take my spoon back getting a chunk of ice cream on it. I then aim the spoon at him and fling the ice cream at his face.

"No. But you look funny." Jackson and I's laughs mingles together.

"So do you." He says and shoves his hand in my face. The coldness of the ice cream on my face...hurts. I didn't even see him reach his hand into the container.

"Guys." Jackson whines.

"Oh it's on!" I yell.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. To bad it had to get ruined with Colten's stupid feelings. Mine too, but he's the one who let them loose first.

"Nikki..." Brittni sighs.

"I'm fine just go." I smile, yet she still doesn't believe me.

"Well bring you back some." She assures me. She gives me a sympathetic look before turning to my brother. Whom I don't look at. Silence and alone just how I like it. Alone.

Next chapter will be Colten's. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about what Jackson told Colten in the last chapter. It'll come just be patient ;) enjoy.

Like and comment :)