Chapter 45 : The Fifth Hokage

Shikaku's pov

I leave her alone at the hokage's office to finish the unfinished work of the hokage. I really pity her to finish those hills of works. No, mountains. What a drag...

The time for the meeting have come. In the room, far from the village, the feudal lords with the elders of the village and me are seating in a meeting. "So... Hiruzen Sarutobi passed the hokage spot for the next generation. Any candidates?" The fire daimyo asked. "I recommend-" Danzo started. "Hiroyuki Hatake" I intevered. "Isn't she too young for the title Hokage?!" Danzo raised his voice.

I clear my throat to gain the attention of the meeting. "Hiroyuki Hatake. She's the third's most trusted right-hand man and also his Guard. She've done most of the work that a Hokage need to work on. I believe that she's a perfect candidate for it." "But the title 'Hokage' is for the strongest man that'll protect our village from disaster. I can't trust her appearance. She's just a little brat afterall" Danzo deny the fact that she's worth the position.

"The last encounter with Orochimaru, It's said that she fight along side with the third to handle the reanimation of the first and second hokage where the third fight head on with Orochimaru" I start to state her achievements.

The members of the meeting start to give their full attention towards me. "You mean... the Anbu who came along few times with Hiruzen?" The fire daimyo asked. I nod my head slightly "Yes, It's her. She's Indeed a Prodigy within the Uchiha and the Hatake clan. Despite her age, she have a mature mind that way exceed grown ups. I admit that even if she's still young, she also came up with a well planned actions according to the conditions. She probably even have more experience of what is behind those walls of the village since she used to travel alone." 

"It's settled then. The Fifth Hokage should be Hiroyuki Hakate-" "However... we can't be so sure that she'll accept the offer right away. We need someone that's willing to sacrifice even their own life for the village. Could she handle all of those burdens alone?" Danzo intervered. I glare at him. "I'll asked her myself then." I said.

It's now 2 pm. The meeting actually went better than what I expected. I need to tell Hiroyuki before Danzo does. I walk towards the hokage's office to check on her work. I enter the room to find that Hiroyuki is not here. I realise that she've finished the pile of papers. She even arrange them into neat orders in folders by the bookshelf along with other scrolls. Wow. She really is something else.

I went to ask the receiptionist of Hiro's whereabout. They said that she went out of the office before Lunch. I walk through the street to look a certain masked girl.

Hiroyuki's pov

I've finished the end-less pile of papers just half an hour before Lunch. Another 15 minutes I wasted by reordering the orders of the documents also scrolls. I left the office and told the receiptionist that I'll be going out and if Shikaku asked for me, I told them that I'll be at the BBQ or Training Grounds.

I enter my apartment to get greeted by Koa. It's only few days since I've meet him and he's already so attached with me. I reach out for a can of dog food and feed this little guy. As he enjoy his little treat, I went to the bath room and prepare a bath for Koa and myself. After giving Koa a bath, he look really cute when his fur is wet.