The Afterparty

(We are in a typical high school dance at a school gymnasium. The dance has already died down and we see Mary Jane on her phone, constantly looking for Peter while seated at her table. However, after a couple seconds, she stands up to leave with everyone else when she accidentally bumps into Peter's friends.)

MANUEL: "Oh, sorry fam...wait, you're MJ?"

(Mary Jane is slightly alarmed that he knows her nickname, they talk as they make their way through the crowd

(Mary Jane is slightly alarmed that he knows her nickname, they talk as they make their way through the crowd.)

REBECCA: "Sorry, we're Peter's friends. Have you seen him around? We thought that he was with you."

MARY JANE: (shrugs disappointedly) "I don't know."

MITCH: "You know he really really likes you right? I'm sure he had some reason to be late."

MARY JANE: "Late? The dance is almost over, I think he's more than late."

MITCH: "If there's one thing I know about Pete, it's that he never lets his friends down."

(The crowd comes to a halt, Peter's friends and Mary Jane don't know what it's about.)

MANUEL: (as he pushes his way towards the front) "Hey, what's the hold up? Don't make me go 'El Mariachi' on all your-"

(The group of 4 make their way to the front to find Tony Stark, in a suit, standing in front of 4 modified buses THAT CAN FLY)

TONY: "Ok, so now that I have your attention...who wants to go to the Afterparty?"

(Everyone cheers as they run inside the bus. Mary Jane is a little reluctant to go on the bus when she finds herself in front of Tony.)

MARY JANE: "Oh, Mr. Stark, it's an absolute honor to meet you, my name is Mary Jane Watson."

TONY: (has an expression of realization) "Well Miss Watson, why do you seem a little down?"

MARY JANE: "It's nothing...I just had a date..."

TONY: "Oh, I've been there and done that."

MARY JANE: "Aww, some girl left you?"

TONY: "Mhmmm no, but all I have to say is I strongly suggest you get on the bus. In fact, you can sit with me."

MARY JANE: "Oh, ok."

(Cut to Mary Jane and Tony sitting in the VIP section of the flying bus.)

TONY: "So what's the lucky guy's name?"

MARY JANE: "His name is Peter Parker."

TONY: "Oh really? I've...worked with him. I helped him with a grant, it really helped support him living with his aunt."

MARY JANE: "Oh really? See, that's what really confuses me. He is such a great guy, but I really trusted him because, between you and me, I don't normally like going to these things and...he kinda left me hanging and it sucks."